Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rucksack repair? (North East)
  • Kahurangi

Hello folks

Riding bag was attacked by mouse (since dispatched) and needs repair – one heavy section of material and one stretchy section of an expanding pocket.

I’m sure unheard of someone in the North East who can do this sort of thing? Or would a “normal” seamstress or clothing alteration service manage working with heavy materials? I haven’t managed to try any of my local alterations places thanks to children, lockdown, working and untimely isolation (again, thanks to children).

TIA

MrSparkle

Alpkit do repairs. They might be able to help.

Pyro

Not ‘North East’, but Lancashire Sport Repairs always had a good rep for that sort of stuff

https://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/rucksack-repairs/

austy
    Free Member

I would have a look at possibly at tent repair services too

I popped into Newcastle Tent and awning clinic repair on Fenham all Drive Newcastle

They tried to fit some webbing straps to a bike trailer but were unable,but gave it a go.

jonba
    Free Member

The place in Fenham is a good bet. There’s a repair place in Gosforth – salters road crossroads, opposite the gp. Forget the name but they have stitched suede and leather for me on (horse) riding stuff so might be able to help.

jonba
    Free Member

Stitch-it.

Kahurangi

There’s a repair place in Gosforth – salters road crossroads, opposite the gp

They hemmed my wedding trous, will let them have a try with this. Cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rucksack repair? (North East)’ is closed to new replies.