Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rucksack for the taller wider man.
  • BigM
    Free Member

I’m after a rucksack 25 – 30l. I ride to work sometimes but I’d also like to be able to use it when I travel overnight for work, so must be able to hold spare clothes etc.

Now that seems easily do-able however when I try them on is when the problems start. I’m tall 6’4″ and big so wearing it correctly i end up with the waist strap round my ribs, let the straps slip back and the waist strap is OK but I’m being strangled by the sternum strap.

Any suggestions for rucksacks for taller people?

Flaperon

Most bags by Osprey seem to have adjustments for the strap length and position. I have a Talon and can adjust the waist and chest strap heights independently.

TedC

Osprey also do different sizes (back length) on some models.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robbo1234biking

Osprey escapist is pretty adjustable. Go outdoors stock them so hopefully there is one nearby that you can try one out. They come in different sizes too so depending on how much you need to carry you can find one to suit you.

BigM
    Free Member

Tried the Ospreys today, no good unfortunately, shame because I’m a big fan of their stuff, have one of their messenger bags.

bowglie

Evoc might have something in their range that’d suit – they do different back lengths too.  I have one of their long 20l capacity backpacks and it covers quite a large area of my back, but it’s fairly low profile, so feels very stable.

benp1

Osprey not so good for tall folks anymore I find, I’m 6’3. They’re range when it has s, m and l was good. Now it’s s/m and m/l and less good

I have LOADS of rucksacks. The best one in your criteria is the lowe alpine aeon series. Adjustable back length in a very simple way, and a L/XL size. I have the 27, it’s excellent. Lots of other size options too. Have used it for cycling, walking and general do it all

BigM
    Free Member

cheers @benp1 I’ll take a look

willard

I did find that with my Talon 33. The waist strap sits quite high when it’s lightly loaded, but sits well when there is more weight in the bag. The Talon 44 is longer in the back and a better unladen fit but, obviously, a bigger bag. For overnight duties, it’s probably not a bad choice though, the 33l version is a little snug with standard overnight stuff in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rucksack for the taller wider man.’ is closed to new replies.