Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rucksack back protectors
  • soulbrother99
    Free Member

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows of any ce certified back protectors you can add to your existing rucksack so you have an evoc style setup without the extortionate cost.

Thanks in advance 🙂

dknwhy

Motorcycle back protector?

Northwind

Most motorbike protectors wouldn’t work but you might be able to find a forcefield protector to fit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/261770925834?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

I’ve got an older forcefield protector which was cuttable, that was in motorbike kit but it’d work for a camelback too. Not sure if these are the same.

Not sure how useful that’d be, I reckon half the point of a camelbak type spine protector is to stop stuff in your pack from hurting you so possibly a harder protector would be better.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Northwind is right that many motorcycle protectors won’t work but I think there are quite a few that you could chop up. Forcefield or D3O come to mind as higher end but there are a ton of cheapy versions about.

NazNomad
    Free Member

Decathlon do a pack with a certified protector fo about £30
    As for chopping one up – would you try to bodge a helmet or knee pads?
    I know they’re pricey but if you feel your spine needs protecting it surely needs protecting properly?

Dave

soulbrother99
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the responses

I was thinking i could possibly stuff the back protector in the bladder compartment which is closest to my back, that might allow some protection from items in the pack. my main interest in these would be to help me stop breaking my spine after landing on a minipump + just thinking it might help a bit with riding confidence.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rucksack back protectors’ is closed to new replies.