Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Rubbish kit that slips under the radar.
  • matt_outandabout

Too complex, too baggy and just not as good as any other baggy shorts I have had: Endura Humvee’s

Gary_M
    Free Member

Any cycling glove that’s branded waterproof, yet to find one that is. In fact most clothing that’s ‘waterproof and breathable’

Endura zips – utter shite.

Latex tubes – after 20 years of wondering if they are worth it I got some for my road bike. Felt no different to normal tubes but deflated themselves overnight, so they can’t even do the one job they are supposed to. Cack.

Latex tubes use some air overnight but they don’t deflate fully. Is it not normal practice to top up tyres before a ride, it is for me.

Houns

See I do like the fit/style of the Humvee’s but they’re just poorly made

Northwind

Gary_M – Member

Any cycling glove that’s branded waterproof, yet to find one that is.

Perfect Curve! Well OK, not actually a cycling glove, it’s a windowcleaner’s glove. But it’s incredibly warm, imperviously waterproof, I have terrible circulation so my hands freeze in winter except in these badboys they sweat. And stink.

oldgit
    Free Member

Humvee’s never had a pair that ever completed a ride. Mine had the wrong size inner short attached. Second pair were the most ‘token’ attempt at a short. Popper came out. Gave up and wore with my own inners, zip broke that ride.
    Lot’s of broken KCNC stuff in my garage, including two bits that broke or didn’t fit on assembly.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardents for me. Many love them but I’m pretty sure they were trying to kill me.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Endura use some cheap weak generic version of the press stud, all mine and everyone I know who has ’em has the waistband pop open all the time (and no I’m not chunky, breathing in is enough to do it).

+1000 for gloves with linings that come out with your hand, got some £30 Enduras (possibly a pattern here) that do this, like cheap market stall winter gloves did when I was a kid.

Lezyne pumps are brilliant.

Elite Sior bottle cage. Holds bottle so tightly I was worried I’d strip the bosses out the frame.

Some green michelin DH/FR innertube I bought in Morzine; punctured first ride and found whatever it was made out of patches wouldnt stick to it, so it got binned on its first day 🙄

Aldi track pump. What air did go in on the downstroke got sucked out on the upstroke. Head such a tight fit you risked tearing your valve off with it. And on the 3rd attempt at using it the handle came off. No quibble return policy thankfully.

stanfree
    Free Member

Shimano QRs are the best.

+1.

Hope’s are pretty but fundamentally shite and always will be until they start using an internal cam…

+2 .

The basic shimano Qr’s beat anything else as do their basic m520 Spd’s.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

saint PD-MX80 pedals. No wonder they are always discounted. Absolutely love them when they work, big platform and if you remove washers under studs, very grippy.

On my second set due to play developing in the bushing. Stripped down and rebuilt numerous times (one a week now) to make them last.

Problem is not with the cup and cone bearing arrangement – I like cup and cone and easy to adjust in the saint pedals. It’s with the crappy seal and plastic bush on the axle I have issue with. The bush wears and the o ring seal pinches on the lip of the axle just before the thread. This allows water ingress and kills the bush. It’s a weird size and bonded into the ally pedal assembly.

philjunior
    Free Member

“puncture proof” goo filled tubes.

Thought these would be a good idea, but totally non-repairable should the goo not do its job (which it never does on a pinch flat)

honourablegeorge

crashtestmonkey – Member
    Endura use some cheap weak generic version of the press stud, all mine and everyone I know who has ’em has the waistband pop open all the time (and no I’m not chunky, breathing in is enough to do it).

Yep

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Always found Decathlons bottle cages to be well sturdy, likewise their tyre levers are worth seeking out. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Rubbish kit that slips under the radar.’ is closed to new replies.