Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rubber Queen on Back
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

Finally getting some winter tyres and was wondering if anyone has used rubber queens on the rear and if they are any good or should I stick to block patterns as I have in the past?
    I’m a fan of conti’s but I can’t be doing with waiting around for the UST Baron that’s assuming it ever materialises.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I am running baron on the front and rq on rear both tubeless black chili, in a word. AWESOME!

roverpig

Haven’t Rubber Queens been replaced by Trail King now, or am I getting confused?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Trail King is the Rubber Queen with a new name to placate those would be customers that are insecure about their sexuality.

rusty90
    Free Member

I regularly bounce up and down on a pair of big fat Rubber Queens and find it very satisfying 🙂
    (2.4 front, 2.2 rear)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Trail King is the Rubber Queen with a new name to placate those would be customers that are insecure about their sexuality.

As above. I run 2.2″ RQ in Black Chilli flavour on the back, and a 2.4″ on the front. Love ’em. Totally predictable, which in my mind is the most important thing in a tyre!

endurogangster
    Free Member

Rubber queen on the back is boss to the max, all year round!

chiefgrooveguru

Rubber queen on the back is boss to the max, all year round!

This but with some less sik (sic) phrasing. 😉 UST black chili FTW.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

boss to the max

ORSUM!

joespencer33
    Free Member

Fudge where did you find Tubeless barons?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoying my baron front, rubber queen rear combo particularly in the mud.

Was running baron/baron last winter which was also awesome, the current combe feels just the same but a bit faster.

Northwind

Yep, really good in the rear. Can be a wee bit drifty, which not everyone likes.

Oh and I found them stupidly cloggy in mud but ymmv, that depends on your mud.

matther01
    Free Member

Tubeless 2.2 F&R…I likes them a lot!

peterfile
    Free Member

you MUST buy the black chilli compound version.

I’ve currently got the non BC Rubber Queens on and they are truly awful in every way. One of the worst tyres i’ve ever used. Still trying to decide what to replace them with mind you.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I run it tubeless on Stans Flow ex rims with stans fluid

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rubber Queen on Back’ is closed to new replies.