Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RSP Plummet spare part identification
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

Out riding today, pushed the button to extend my Rsp Plummet dropper while I happened not to be sitting on it and the inner post shot out like the cuckoo on a cuckoo clock, spilling its small parts over the gravelly surface of the trail.

Despite an extensive fingertip search of the area, two little metal rods like the one in the picture here were eventually posted (geddit?) missing.

These fit between a groove on the inner post and a groove on the outer post and keep the inner one straight and stop it rotating.

They strike me as something you might get from an ironmongers or an auto parts place, if only you knew what the hell they were called.

Anyone got any ideas? Failing that, any other RSP owners managed to source any spares from Raleigh? Or Satori or whoever it is that makes these things?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

No luck with spares. I managed to get some 3.4mm ish silver steel which cut and filed down a bit worked fine. When I get chance I will measure up properly and turn down some bronze bushes. I have two of these and the bushes are all different sizes! (tolerancing is obviously a pretty low priority for Raleigh in this specific application!)

thejackal69
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem with mine, cleaning it on the drive.
    I lost two of the pins and replaced them with some small steel rods from eBay.
    Measuring the one I had left with calipers, they measured 3mm in diameter.
    I tried looking for spares but had no luck.
    Luckily in the end I found them a month later hidden in the cracks of the paving, so now I have some spares.

Also, use it as an excuse to clean out the tube and regrease everything, mine is as good as new now.

drliamski
    Free Member

So had a similar issue. Collar not done up enough and managed to lose the seatpost in a bit of rough. Managed to find one of the pins. Enough to finish the ride. So I have some 3mm stainless rod but not sure if all three pins are the same length?
    I’ve got one at 30mm long. Are the other two the same?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RSP Plummet spare part identification’ is closed to new replies.