Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rshox Reba repairs
  • popstar
    Free Member

Help needed

Tried to repair old Rockshox Reba forks through my local bike shop, only to find out that my forks are too old (2012) and required spares are not available.

Apparently sram tech center don’t stock any spares. I suspect there could be some BSBingo sales talk from bike shop.

Problem was, forks were locked and I jumped from the kerb to break something inside the forks.

Do I throw them away now or can I find someone who can sort them out?

martinhutch

What are they doing/not doing now?

mariner
    Free Member

Have you tried any of the main dealers/tuners?

mehr
    Free Member

Give Dave a ring at rsfsus, he’s saved me with his random parts bin a few times

popstar
    Free Member

Forks got stuck (no travel) and with every bump there is some sort of clunk.

I will Google RSFSus and see if that helps.

Haven’t been on MTB scene for a while, no idea about other suspension centres.

devash
    Free Member

Try TFTuned or J-Tech. They are suspension servicers and tuners. I’d be very surprised if either one of them didn’t have what you need in their parts bin.

bigyan
    Free Member

If you know what you need you might find new old stock online, TF sometimes have random old stuff.

I am assuming you have broken the compression cartridge?

davewalsh
    Free Member

Tried to repair old Rockshox Reba forks through my local bike shop, only to find out that my forks are too old (2012) and required spares are not available

I suspect this is LBS BS as I’ve very recently got a full rebuild kit for me to repair a 2007 Reba from TFTuned. Suggest you get in touch with the experts.

nixie

A seal rebuild kit is a bit different to spare parts though. The rebuild kits are pretty generic and still applicable to current models.

OP, if you can work out the part number of the broken bit you can sometimes find them on eBay. If it’s the damper then this I think would be simple to swap out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rshox Reba repairs’ is closed to new replies.