Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RS Torque Cap converters
  • ThePinkster

My new bike has a Sektor RL fork fitted that has the ability to run Torque Cap fitted hubs. The wheels it came with are own branded standard 15mm boost hubs, which although I know are perfectly fine to use without Torque Cap ends area PITA to fit as lining them up is an absolute bugger.

I’ve also noticed that there are a variety of converters for standard hubs, e.g. SRAM’s own, Mavic, Halo to name a few but they all seem hub specific, so does anyone produce a generic converter to fit on the sleeves that the bolt goes through?

Or will one of those above do the job?

I guess an alternative would be asking a friend to 3D print a couple of spacers to do the job as they’re not load bearing but I’d prefer proper alloy ones if possible.

Cheers.

frogstomp

What is the bike? Some own brand hubs are just rebranded versions of the common manufacturers, so you may be able to find suitable adapters.

Alternatively you can fit something like these to the fork to help make locating the wheel easier.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Holly crap €5 a pair!

I bought a bag of self adhesive 15mm id plastic washers and cut the bottom out. Worked fine and cost a lot less than that.

Pm me your address and I’ll drop a pair in the post if you want.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ThePinkster

Cheers folks. It’s a GT Sensor so i’m guessing it’s something like a Joytech hub.

I’d seen the Newmen adaptors and could knock up something like that myself, thanks – I’m guessing that’s the kind of thing you’ve done Brian?  Appreciate the offer though.

As I don’t intend swapping wheels over anytime soon (it’s my only 29er) I’m looking for something I can fit to the wheel rather than risk some self adhesive coming unstuck – probably just being paranoid there though..

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As I don’t intend swapping wheels over anytime soon (it’s my only 29er) I’m looking for something I can fit to the wheel rather than risk some self adhesive coming unstuck – probably just being paranoid there though..

I was of the same opinion so bought a bag, as is mine even survived pressure gentle washing for 12 months so I’ve still most of a bag left.

In honesty the only benefit of adapting your wheel is it’ll fit quicker, I don’t think anyone outside of sram would be able to tell you of another benefit with a straight face.

Once the wheel is in place the adapters don’t do anything so not really much issue if they fall off.

joemmo
    Free Member

I for one noticed a 15% increase in the effective feeling of torque transference resulting in increased directional input fidelity.

But mainly a 89% reduction in swearing during wheel/fork interfacing operations.

ThePinkster

LOL @joemmo,Yeah it’s mainly the 89% reduction I’m after.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RS Torque Cap converters’ is closed to new replies.