Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RS SID 100mm 09> Owners
  • KINGTUT
    Free Member

When you are off the bike, where does the fork settle? Mine settles at around the 10% indicator, which doesn't seem right although TFTuned weren't surprised.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Have you made sure you have a bit more pressure in the positive chamber (top) than Negative (bottom)

1- release all air from negative chamber.
    2-release air from positive chamber
    3- Re-inflate starting with positive followed by negative, at this point it should fully extend.
    4-Negative should have 5-10psi below the positive.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep done all that, normally run 10 psi below +ve, TF have recommended that I set the -ve with the bike inverted.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

send them back then ?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I think there must be bleed between positive and negative chambers. Can you extend the forks by hand, only for them to creep back, or do they just clunk apart and stay apart?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Can you extend the forks by hand, only for them to creep back

Yes, exactly that, TFT are reluctant to service them until I've made sure of certain things.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well, if you're absolutely sure positive chamber is at a higher pressure than the negative, then thats all it can be I'm afraid.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure of that myself, worth doing what TFT said first just in case it saves me £100.

Of course I could send them back to Fisher under warranty but the chances of getting them back in time for the 12 is doubtful.

I suppose I could ride it rigid SS, depends on what my team mates may think. ;o)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

You can do it rigid if you like Mike, I'm completely unfussed about pot hunting this year.

FWIW even with 5mm less travel, your SIDs still work a whole load better than my shonk-a-licious Pace's.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RS SID 100mm 09> Owners’ is closed to new replies.