Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RS Reverb Stealth – reluctant to co-operate, can you diagnose issue?
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Lakes trip just bagged in, awesome 😀

However it could be a bit of a stinker as my brand new Reverb Stealth was quite reluctant to co-operate.

Day one all nice and tidy, day two, after the night of rather around freezing temperature in bike shed it wasn’t playing up at all.

Stuck in upright position, once compressed stayed there for good hour or so. Luckily that was Helvellyn attack, so no real cycling, just pushing and shouldering. However after some sun exposure it was back in the game, working just fine both up and down.

Then on the top of the mountain it was veeeery slow in response and required a bit of manhandling to push it down.

Another night in the bike shed in close to zero temperature and it was again unresponsive in the morning. Put it into drying room for 15 minutes and it was good as new.

I can imagine that it just doesn’t like to be in low or very low temperatures. But other Reverbs from the trip, didn’t react that violently for weather.

What’s your take on that?

Cheers!

I.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Usually if the post isn’t responding to the remote it means the remote needs a bleed. I’ve heard reports of reverbs not liking the cold but mine are fine several degrees below freezing and if others on your trip were fine I’m sticking with it needing a bleed

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just to add I appreciate the temperature was making a difference in your case but I think that’s just the cold compounding the problem of needing a bleed. I could be wrong..

joemmo
    Free Member

Does it make a difference if you change the return speed adjuster on the remote? Does the remote feel spongy if you wind it all the way to slow?

If so then it might be air in the system… Maybe that contracts in the cold to cause an issue? Bleeding is very easy though, as I found out recently.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thansk Chaps!

It was going all fast and I would say normal when warm.

Whilst cold it was on the slow side with all speed dial unwinded, and next to unresponsive with all turned down.

I believe bleeding is ahead of me, but little bump for morning brigade won’t hurt.

Cheers!

I.

tillydog
    Free Member

What they said^

Speed dial is really there to compensate for temperature – you need to wind it to ‘fast’ in the cold. If it’s still not fast enough, you probably need to bleed the remote, or just add a bit more oil to it.

Davesport

Or your seatpost clamp is too tight.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thanks once again.

Will have a play with bleeding then.

It definitely wasn’t too tight clamp, as the seatpost wasnt playing up even completly taken off from the seat tube.

Cheers!

I.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RS Reverb Stealth – reluctant to co-operate, can you diagnose issue?’ is closed to new replies.