Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • RS Reverb Owners, Will the slight saddle wiggle drive me nuts?
  • binno
    Free Member

Any reverb users out there care to share their thoughts on the slight left to right wiggle in the reverb posts?
    I’ve been thinking christmas present time, though I’ve seen a few in the bike shop and all have a little side to side wiggle. Will this drive me nuts when riding, as I suspect I’ll notice the movement.

wwaswas

Will the slight saddle wiggle drive me nuts?

[old joke]

no, that’ll be the steering wheel on the crotch of your trousers.

[/old joke]

igmc.

AdeC
    Free Member

You probably wont notice the saddle play. I cant preceive any noticable movement while actually riding.

The benefits a reverb brings far out-weight the disadvantages.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Nope, DOSS does it too, totally and utterly unnoticeable.

messiah
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me and I’m a fussy bu**er who can tell when any of the bushings are loose or other things are wrong with the bike.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I seriously doubt it. As above, I’m a fussy bugger about bike set up and I’ve never noticed the play when I was riding the bike. Same goes for a Joplin that preceded the Reverb. It’s only noticable when you are off the bike.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I hope it won’t bother me – I have just ordered a Reverb…

Gribs

Not a reverb owner but have a giant one and I don’t notice the wiggle at all whilst riding.

binno
    Free Member

phew, this is reassuring to hear, as I’m somewhat retentive about my bike’s set up.

Any advice on left vs right hand lever placement. I’m running full shimano on the bars. In my mind I’m thinking the right hand side would feel best.

Wozza
    Free Member

Left hand lever on the right side with XTR levers and 9speed XT shifters. Was a bit of a faff to get it all in the right spot but for the most part it works. I’d MUCH rather have it under the bars than on top.

Not had any changing gear while braking problems that i’ve noticed but you have to mess with the angles.

kevin1911

Nah, you won’t notice it. It’s only noticable when you ride behind someone else who has one and you can see it wiggle/flex, but when sitting on it you don’t feel it.

EDIT – although I’m sure the RS product people are already lining up the marketing campaign to get you to buy another one when they launch a ‘new improved stiffer’ model.

Northwind

Some people do notice it- I don’t though (and my ancient gravity dropper now has more play than most).

Some folks use the saddle to control the bike while descending and I guess it’d be more distracting then.

chiefgrooveguru

Some people do notice it- I don’t though (and my ancient gravity dropper now has more play than most).
    Some folks use the saddle to control the bike while descending and I guess it’d be more distracting then.

Ditto! I notice tyre pressure differences of about 10% but my rather wobbly old GD (I have new bushes for it but am going to wait until I can feel the looseness before I change them) is unnoticeable when riding.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

it annoys off the bike, but don’t notice it when riding.

alternative set up

sheffield43
    Free Member

Didn’t know they had a saddle wiggle and I’ve had one on for best part of a year. Maybe I’ll notice it now and it’ll irritate me. Thanks a lot…

hammyuk
    Free Member

The Joplin wiggles like **** and tbh is annoying on road but offroad isn’t too bad but still not good – it can’t be that hard to make something without THAT MUCH play…….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘RS Reverb Owners, Will the slight saddle wiggle drive me nuts?’ is closed to new replies.