Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • RS Reverb – Anyone ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

thoughts / problems / etc ?

market researching, that’s all 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awesome!

rewski
    Free Member

Best in class, ST Issue 64.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fbk
    Free Member

Lots of comment on the search button but I love mine. Too early to comment re longevity but lovely, controllable action, easy to adjust, minimal play (only an smidge on full extension but nothing noticable when riding) and it looks nice too 🙂

toons
    Free Member

Squeaky seat clamp, a little forward and black play, but no side to side play.

If you snap the cast switch its £48 a pop!! I tried running the switch under the bar, but then couldn’t use it on the fly, otherwise its quality.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Mine lasted a month before breaking, my mate’s lasted a week and another mate’s lasted two weeks. Typical American product, all marketing and no manufacturing. All three of them have been sent back and all back on standard seat posts until more stock arrives in April, the posts in the system have been given priority to new sales, which is again typical American greed.

I’ve learned to get on with my original seat post and on the verge of just asking for my money back…

Trimix
    Free Member

Geordiemick00 – what issues did you have ? How did they break ?

heihei

Witnessed a failure last night where the head rotated in the post. Apparently it’s bonded so also going back to Fisher.

Janesy
    Free Member

this realy makes me laugh, my specialized command post is bloody usless too.

Just use a standard post…

fbk
    Free Member

this realy makes me laugh, my specialized command post is bloody usless too.

Just use a standard post…

I agree. I believe there have been some issues with suspension forks failing in the past too so I’m going back to rigid. It makes sense 🙄

Janesy
    Free Member

ummmm

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

what about pedal strike?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Surely its not beyond the realms of manufacturing that SOMEONE can actually make a dropper post that lasts?
    I’d love one of these, but a nearly £150 a pop and no guarantee of reasonabe longevity im out.

goog
    Free Member

GD for teh win 8)

rewski
    Free Member

Good old uppy downy office chair is where it all started

geetee1972
    Free Member

TLR – the Reverb is brilliant but as we can see it’s still untested longterm and like any product, it’s not 100% free of imperfections. It’s my post that HeiHei is referring to and it was brand new. I have another one on the Nic that I’ve had for about three months now and it’s not been a problem except for the fact that I had to bleed it from new.
    They work a country mile better than anything else out there; they’re just a bit of an unkown quantity at the moment but given that Rockshox make forks that work really well, the important part – which is the sealing of the ‘stanchion’ – should be top notch.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

it is quite literally the shizzle.
    However getting the cable routing right is definately not the shizzle.

Its one of those things you thought was a bit of a gimmock until you try it and think thats awesome. no more worrying about getting your seat back the right height once you drop it. trail got long pedally bits you want your seat at the right pedally height, then fast steep bits you want to drop the seat for – no problems. watch your mates faffing about putting their seats up and down also great fun. the inifinite adjustment (within the range?)is good too.

cant comment on lngevity yet though…

slowrider
    Free Member

I keep saying this on every droppy seat post thread; £180 plus £12 postage from jenson USA. Took 4 days including the weekend to arrive and no import tax (this time)

Trimix
    Free Member

Slowrider – which shipping option did you pick – DHL/Fedex or UPS ?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I keep saying this on every droppy seat post thread; £180 plus £12 postage from jenson USA. Took 4 days including the weekend to arrive and no import tax (this time)

It’s a good deal that, but you do then lack the warranty support that I think most people will feel is worth the extra cash. I had my post two rides, now it has to go back. I would now be dealing with the US again rather than my LBS.

Trimix
    Free Member

Good point – its a 56 quid saving, but the hassel of sending it back my be greater.

slowrider
    Free Member

I went with fedex cos the depot is 2 mins from work. Fingers crossed for a working one!

Northwind

bigyinn – Member

Surely its not beyond the realms of manufacturing that SOMEONE can actually make a dropper post that lasts?

You’re right, Gravity Dropper have been making them for years but people kept buying Joplins etc because they look nice, then complaining bitterly when they break.

I reckon the Reverb will come good but it’s not that smart to be an early adaptor of any product really, let someone else do the live beta.

alfabus
    Free Member

My Gravity Dropper is great. Which reminds me, I should service it at some point – the trouble with things that ‘just work’ is you forget about them 🙂

Dave

godzilla
    Free Member

Reverb is great, i got one for £175 posted!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

. watch your mates faffing about putting their seats up and down

So if you mostly ride with other people is it worth getting an uppy-downy post when you’re going to have to stop anyway?

the_lecht_rocks

lots of failures then.

my joplin [3rd one] is still working surprisingly….

cheers fellas.

chunkymtb – keep trying 😆

geetee1972
    Free Member

it’s not that smart to be an early adaptor of any product really, let someone else do the live beta.

You mean an early adopter right? 😉

Northwind

Dang

Northwind

CaptainMainwaring – Member

“So if you mostly ride with other people is it worth getting an uppy-downy post when you’re going to have to stop anyway?”

It depends on where and what you ride. Best examples I can think of… You go somewhere like Glentress red route, almost every section is either up, or down. The post’s really not much of an advantage, since the post stays up or down for the duration. Mostly a convenience thing.

But, if you go somewhere that’s less consistent, there you find ups and downs and traverses and uphills with a single techy bit or a climb with an optional scary bit or whatever. You’ll never know in advance whether this is a seatpost-up or a seatpost-down and sometimes you’ll be riding things fairly blind to boot so the safety net is especially useful. More so on un-waymarked and “natural” riding.

The other time I found it amazingly useful is when riding at the edge of my stamina… Frinstance in France there were sections which could be done fine as a seatpost-down but I was shattered most days so being able to pop it back up for a quick rest on an “undulating trail” was a huge deal.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Smugness, is worth the time:)

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Needed bleeding from the box, not a big job but a job. It then stopped returning back to it’s fully heightened position, another bleed and then it stopped full stop. Loss of air pressure and when shock pump used to re-pressure it hisses like a pissed off cat….

RS said they purposely waited to enter this game late to come in with a class leading product, the only class they are leading to my knowledge is the ‘piss people off as much as possible’ class.

At £275 it’s not cheap end of the market either.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Just thought I’d update this thread.

The top part of my Reverb, the seat clamp part which is screwed and loctited to the ‘stanchion’ part of the post did come loose and that’s a problem because the internals behind it are under pressure.

The post went back yesterday and Ben at the service centre for SRAM products at Fisher has already replaced the faulty part and is sending my post back today, should be here Monday.

Great service really to have such a fast turn around. Yes it’s a new product so there are bound to be teething problems but this speed of fix makes it worth while.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive had experience of the guys at SRAM – they did an outstanding service for me. So if I do have to send it back Im happy they will be sorting it.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘RS Reverb – Anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.