Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • RS Revelations vs Pikes (RCT3 Dual Position)
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Anyone know if there are any other differences between these two forks other than the travel (150 vs 160)? Are the internals the same or would the pikes be better in terms of stiffness, damping etc?

Haven’t had to look at forks in a long time and everything has changed 🙁

chiefgrooveguru

Pikes are stiffer and have better damping.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

cheers

chestrockwell

Pikes are the first Rockshox for years that don’t feel like Rockshox. IMO that is a good thing.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I would like them to feel like some lyrics I had a few years back (without the weight).

Mainly I would like them to feel like my marzocchi rc3ti 44s that have just been nicked.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Been looking through the options all morning. Can anyone confirm whether it is possible to reduce the travel on the solo air? By changing the spring rods?

Been googling but the information is not really clear. I suspect not, but thought I’d ask on here.

chiefgrooveguru

To reduce the travel on the Pikes you need a new air spring assembly (or to get it machined down). I have them on my Banshee and they’re really really really good forks – if they came in a 1 1/8 steerer I’d struggle to stop myself buying some for my Soul!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Thanks.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Go for the Pikes. They feel like my old spring Lyriks.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers. Mind is made up on the Pikes. I’m now stuck between dual position and the solo air. If I can reduce the travel down on the solo air to 130mm I’d be happy, otherwise I’ll look at the dual position and just wind them down.

chiefgrooveguru

What are they going on?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Bfe probably.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Just found a guide on changing the air spring on line. Looks complicated. I think I’ll go for the dual position.

Northwind

Generally you don’t want to run a height-adjust fork like these at the lower setting all the time, they tend to only work best at full length…

I think Loco mentioned that it’s a fairly simple machining job to shorten the air spring… Not DIY but not overly complex either.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers. I might contact loco to see if I can buy the forks shortened from him if the price is ok.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelations vs Pikes (RCT3 Dual Position)’ is closed to new replies.