Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • RS Revelation – U-Turn vs Dual Air
  • Seb_C
    Free Member

Hi,

Quick question – is their much difference in feel between the 2010 Revelation U-Turn and Dual Air (non U-Turn) forks? Is there a trade-off in bump performance in return for the travel adjust?

Thanks,

Seb

bol

Dunno, but the u-turn ones are the best riding forks I've ever had. Better than my reba teams or f120s

trout
    Free Member

I dunno either but am likeing the Dual airs I got very much

so I guess these two posts dont help much

chakaping
    Free Member

My Reba Team (non-u-turn)and Rev Team (u-turn) ride pretty much the same.

The U-turn is likely to get cacked up with dirt and seize at some point though – and I believe RS are introudcing a different travel adjust system next year.

poppa
    Free Member

Do you want more spring rate tunability or do you want travel adjust? Bear in mind that you can probably add/remove spacers to adjust travel on the dual air, if you want to change them between bikes for example.

I had U-turn on my old forks but didn't use it much, I fiddled with it a lot when I first got it and then left at the best setting for the bike and my riding.

Northwind

I can't tell any difference between u-turn and standard, it's not like TALAS where the fork's a bit compromised, the actual damping and spring effect etc seems to be identical. It's a little more weight and one more thing to break though. I love it but then both my bikes benefit from the adjustment and the variety.

brakes
    Free Member

I deliberated over this and decided dual air with lockout (for climbing) was all I needed, and that I wasn't likely to want to change the travel on the bike during a ride and the change in geometry might upset the way it handled
    it also came down to price and u-turn was an unecessary expense

Seb_C
    Free Member

Thanks all. I don't really want U-turn and would rather have dual air, but the deals are on u-turn at the moment and I wanted to check I'd not be losing too much going that way.

nuke

The U-turn is likely to get cacked up with dirt and seize at some point though

I've had/got U-Turn Pikes, Rebas and Revs and I've never heard of this even through the muddiest winters 😕

JohnnyPanic

I've had U Turn Pikes this happened to. The detent ball bearings under the adjustment cap got rusty & the thing became much harder to twist. Very easily sorted though – took the cap of and there was practically no grease in there so cleaned it up and bunged grease in. Been smooth ever since.

thebunk

Dual air is where you have + and – springs isn't it? My Rev u-turns have this…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation – U-Turn vs Dual Air’ is closed to new replies.