Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RS Revelation RLT Lockout not working.
  • PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

Hello,

I am having some trouble with the lockout on my rockshox revalation fork and can’t work out why it’s not working so I was wondering if someone on here might have the answer.

After a particularly hard ride, it stopped locking out all together. The operation on the outside seems completely normal. The lever is fine and the cap of the fork turns as usual. I tested to see if turning the cap any further woul help but it didn’t. I then unscrewed the system from the drive side of the fork. All looks to be in good working order. The only thing I can think of is that the oil level is too low for some reason. How high should it be? Or could something else be the issue? Other than the lockout, the fork seems to be working well. Thanks in advance 🙂

teethgrinder

The half moon at the bottom of the MoCo damper will have shifter slightly. Remove it from the forks, turn it to lockout and then use some pliers to turn the half moon a click or 2 anticlockwise. Refit.

Not sure how it moves on its own, but it does. Even a tiny gap will let the oil through.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

Thanks, I will give that a go!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Other possibility is that the inner O ring in the rebound shaft guide (bit held into the bottom of the stanchion by a circlip) is shot, leading to low oil level in compression circuit.

to check your oil level, remove Compression damper unit, measure between the O rings at the top and bottom… oil level should be this measurement -15mm from where the damper sits in the crown. (i.e. if damper is 100mm long between O rings, oil level should be 85mm from top of stanchion)

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

that’s interesting advice Jivehoney – I’ve always dug out the relevant Rockshox service manual depending on the year of my forks, and measured the oil volume – currently need 133ml. I’ll check what height that comes to.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

teethgrinder – I thought you were right when I looked at it. I made it line up, and put it back together but to no avail. In doing it all, I managed to crack the plastic tube part inside a little. I feel like an idiot and I don’t know why it doesn’t work. I could try and top the oil up but I don’t really want to take it apart again! It’s probably the worst and most stressful job on a bike that there is!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation RLT Lockout not working.’ is closed to new replies.