Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RS Revelation Dual positions? anybody used them much?
  • qert6
    Free Member

Hi, I’m Looking into treating my fuel EX to some dual position revelations to run 120 most of the time then 150 for big grins. How well do they work in the low position? might have to rethink if they’re not that great when wound in and only good for climbing in that position.

Highland28
    Free Member

i have been running XX dual position forks since last Aug now on my Ibis Mojo. The forks are amazing, originally hadn’t planned on getting the dual positions but got them in the end. I find myself using the lower position more than I thought I would, when the going gets steep the front end can wander a little. Dropping them to 120 makes a huge difference, I used the bike for Strathpuffer this year and for the first couple of laps I wound the forks back out for the techy downhill sections however as the race progressed I left them in the lower position for ease, not having to faff around, not that it is too difficult to do on the move. They coped really well for everything, almost to the point where they were jus as good as when extended.

SimonR

Got a pair on my hardtail and love them although I tend to use them mostly at 150 then drop them to 120 for road bits (great for the commute) and long climbs.
    However, I’ve gone into downhills forgetting to extend them after a long climb and they’ve done pretty well – plenty of support but still nice and supple. The bike does feel different but I put that more down to the change in geometry of the bike.
    Worth checking the user manual (on the SRAM website) – I vaguely remember seeing some warning about using them in reduced travel mode but that might be my memory playing tricks.
    Cheers,
    Simon.

qert6
    Free Member

Thanks for the informative replies, thats just what I wanted to hear.

Shackleton

I like mine but from what I remember the 120mm mode is for uphill and pootling only. It isn’t like the old travel adjust and isn’t designed for big hits as I don’t think the spring rate changes so will bottom out lots and generally not do the fork any good. I may be wrong but it certainly feels like that the few times I’ve forgotten to extend them for a decent at the top of a climb.

batfink
    Free Member

I drop mine to 120 when I see a steep climb coming up – makes the difference between getting to the top, or having to get off and push. I’ve accidentally left mine on 120 for the subsequent down….. not a disaster, but the geo feels all wrong.

qert6
    Free Member

The Ex8 geometry is set up for 120 forks anyway so should be good on that front. I have fixed length revs on my hard tail so am going to try them out on it to make sure that 150 forks actually work on it before I invest.

ChrisL

I personally only use the 120mm travel setting for climbing. That’s what Rock Shox present it for and I think it’d be rather soft for general riding at 120mm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation Dual positions? anybody used them much?’ is closed to new replies.