Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RS Lyrik rebound issue help please
  • carlos
    Free Member

Whilst out today mid ride and after descending Stanage Edge, I noticed that the rebound seemed VERY quick on the forks. I’d not adjusted it or done anything other than ride, but now when you compress the fork it rebounds super quick.

Im guessing it’s rolled a seal or something but open to advice on a home fix. I’m hapoy to strip down and rebuild either spring or damper side if needs be.

Sofar all I’ve done is let all air out and re inflate to normal PSI and slowed the rebound all the way. Neither has had any effect on the issue

Forks are 2017 Lyrik 170mm RTC Solo Air

Cheers

Carlos

joebristol

Got to be something to do with the damper side I’d imagine, wonder if the charger cartridge has sprung a leak perhaps? Hopefully someone will be along soon with a better answer than mine!

bigyan
    Free Member

RockShox service manuals are online, step by step instructions with pictures.

If you put your serial number in here it should give you the part numbers for the seal kits

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/search/

carlos
    Free Member

Joe- I think you’re right. I’ve been messing since posting and when adjusted, each of the settings on the Charger unit make no difference whatsoever.  Looks like I’ll be calling the shop on Monday as they  are just under 2 years old

joebristol

If it’s still in warranty then that’s happy days hopefully a free fix for you!

bruneep

1st question I’m  sure will be when was it last serviced?

jamesoz

The bladder in the charger damper may have split if it’s anything like my pikes, it comes with a full service kit IIRC. Drop the lowers and it’ll be apparent, just do it over a bucket.

benpinnick

The service interval is 200 hours so unless you really never ride it then its probably not a warranty job.

geex
    Free Member

Unless you have more than one bike. 200hrs actual riding time is a couple of years of 10-15mile weekend rides.

bigyan
    Free Member

If its less than 2 years old I would sent it back for warranty and just see what they say. If dry or full of dirt they may refuse as a service issue..

If you ride your bike 4 hours a week 200 hours is a year.

deadkenny
    Free Member

if it’s anything like my pikes, it comes with a full service kit IIRC

Keep reading that, and I’ve had retail boxed Pikes, but no service kit. Just some tokens and manual.

carlos
    Free Member

Being sorted without going back to Sram👍

jamesoz

Keep reading that, and I’ve had retail boxed Pikes, but no service kit. Just some tokens and manual.

Sorry, poorly worded. I meant the bladder comes with the full service kit, It’s just a rubber sleeve.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RS Lyrik rebound issue help please’ is closed to new replies.