Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RS Lyrik RC features
  • chrisyork

Hi I’ve got a CAPRA 2017 with the above fork, was just wondering if anyone else knows about this fork? Seems I might only have low speed compression and rebound adjustment, is that it? No high speed compression, which is a bit disappointing…..or am I wrong? Just one lever to adjust whether the fork is soft to stiff and a rebound knob……

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep you’ve got it. I believe the RC is an OEM fork, but you’re right, it doesn’t have all the features of the RCT3, but it does have the Charger damper so it’s one up from a Yari.

It’s still a great fork, but if you want to upgrade to RCT3 spec I believe you need the full damper unit, they’re about £230 from TFT.

chrisyork

Thanks for letting me know, I think I might just get the shockwiz rented to get optimal setup from them and they rear then…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geex
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about it. I have the 170mm RCT3 on a similar bike to you. The difference is the 3-position compression (Open/Pedal/Lock) lever. I never ride with the lever in anything but open. There’s absolutely no need. The fork has plenty support not to require it. Even climbing long dull fireroads.

chrisyork

Ah right ok, I thought that the RCT3 would have high and low speed compression basically more adjustment

dskelly81
    Free Member

I’ve got this fork. Setup should be roughly 1 token (standard) & 1psi per kg of your body weight minus about 10psi & 4/5 clicks back from fastest rebound.  That works for me at 78kgs & aggressive rider

vincienup
    Free Member

Off top of my head, if you want HSC & LSC then it’s 36’s…

dskelly81
    Free Member

Part of the appeal for me of RockShox is the bare minimum of adjustment, whilst still offering top performance for a layman to set up.

Loads of adjustment is great if you know what your are doing with it but personally, I just like to add air, turn a rebound knob & ride

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

I got this fork with a remedy RSL recently, mine is setup almost identically to dskelly81.

The default HSL seems to be setup ok for me and doesn’t feel to brake divey whilst still being pretty plush.

It’s definitely a fork that stars to come alive once you are giving it some beans.

2 step is absolutely pointless though and I’ve never used it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RS Lyrik RC features’ is closed to new replies.