Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RS lower compatibility circa 2010
  • cjr61

Morning all,
    I’ve got a set of U-Turn Revs (2009ish) which are QR and looking to get them up to 15×100 or 20×110 spec. How wide a range of years can I be looking at for lowers? Assuming the U-Turn chasis is different to the dual air 2012 onwards? The lowers look different lengths side by side so I assume they won’t work?

Thanks

PS does anyone have a pair of compatible lowers in black? Ta

BadlyWiredDog

You might be better off just upgrading to a complete fork. Sorry, I know that’s kind of stating the obvious. I suspect there are a fair few spare Revelations from that era sitting around in cellars and sheds with nothing much to do.

Isn’t 20mm x 110mm a boost standard btw. I can’t see how that would work with your existing uppers. If you really want to do this your best bet is probably same year lowers with the Maxle set-up, but most likely you’ll find they’re easier to source as a complete fork.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be unhelpful. I can’t really help with the year to year compatibility of lowers, though a lot of the RS forks from that era seemed quite happy with swaps of inner workings anyway.

cjr61

Thanks BWD all feedback is constructive. I don’t need the forks, just a little budget project to keep me sane!

ps 20×110 was the original Maxle width and think the uppers were all the same just wider dropouts

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Whilst the distance between the two stanchions is the same on nearly all (if not all) 32mm Rockshox forks you’d need to make sure that any new lowers have the bushes at the correct heights. For instance you could physically fit a set of lowers with 20mm axle from an Argyle fork but as they’re only 100mm travel the lower bush is deeper into the leg and with your revelation being longer travel the stanchion wouldn’t engage into the lower bush and give your huge amounts of fore and aft movement.
    I would suggest using Sektor, Revelation, or Pike lowers as these will have the correct bushing depths for your U-Turn Rev

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Update…!!! You known what, i think i’ve a set of dead Sektors in the attic with 15mm axle size. Will dig them out. White ones from memory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RS lower compatibility circa 2010’ is closed to new replies.