Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RP23 tuning question – Nicolai Helius biased!
  • ahsat

Hi all

Got myself one of these bargin 2009 RP23 shocks from Merlin for the new Nicolai Helius CC. I spoke to Simon at Nicolai UK and he said the frame worked best with a medium tune and confirmed these 200/50 shocks were the right size for the frame. I ordered the ‘standard’ shock from Merlin which I assumed related to being medium (being a very untechnical girl!) as there was nothing on the website which mentioned the tuning. However, when I have got it, it has on the shock two stickers which I would think mean high compression tune/low rebound tune. Is this standard? Will it matter? I assume this is not a medium tune?! I could send it to be tuned (I am about 73 kg rider weight) but if I was going to do that, I should have probably just bought at 2011 model at the correct tuning.

Want to make sure this is right before I build the bike up at the weekend, while I can still send it back.

Any advice most welcome!

Thanks
    Tasha

ahsat

Want to make sure this is right before I build the bike up at the weekend, while I can still send it back.

Btw, that is the shock, not the frame! The frame is great!

neninja
    Free Member

Phone Mojo Suspension and ask them what they think. Alternatively email Loco on here and see how much he could change the tune to medium for.

ahsat

neninja – I have done as I was told and spoken to mojo! They will custom tune the shock for £36 for me, which total cost of <£200 is still a lot cheaper than a 2011 shock.

messiah
    Free Member

Or ride it as it is and figure out what you like and dislike about it before getting it tuned.

neninja
    Free Member

Nice one – sounds like a very good price

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RP23 tuning question – Nicolai Helius biased!’ is closed to new replies.