RP23 shock problem on yeti 575, advice needed.

Home Forum Bike Forum RP23 shock problem on yeti 575, advice needed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RP23 shock problem on yeti 575, advice needed.
  • seavers

Sounds like it might be cavitated…when an internal seal within the shock allows the nitrogen to mix with the oil.

Had it on an RP23 BV on my Five. Service by Loco sorted it. £75 I believe. Was great after the service.

havinalaff

Hi I’ve just bought a frame of the forum and having a look round it and found what i believe to be a problem just want some clarification from you lot (and preferably loco lol). This isn’t a winge at the seller as he has offered me a refund if not happy just kinda want to know where i stand before deciding to take it back or sort it out.

2009 Yeti 575 with an rp23 shock. The seller was a big chap so had high pressure in the shock. I let a little out and a surprising amount of oil came out of the valve.

I then let nearly all the air out to cycle the shock and suspension. When compressed fully the shock starts to rebound slowly then suddenly towards the end of its stroke speeds up and makes a squelchy noise.

Am I right in thinking this is likely to be a simple service to sort out??? or is there likely to be more expense.

Thanks

Rich

havinalaff

Loco to the forum …… does he have some kind of bat signal thing. …

havinalaff

Big props to the seller…….. just sent me 40 quid towards the service…….bernaard.

LoCo

Service time I’m afraid, gas in oil sat in end of stroke area.

havinalaff

Thanjs loco thats pretty much what I thought. How quick can you turn it round si ive filled in booking form.
    Thanks
    Rich

havinalaff

Loco. .. if you are reading this I have a problem . Please check your email.

Thanks
    Rich

havinalaff

Loco. .. if you are reading this I have a problem . Please check your email.

Thanks
    Rich

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RP23 shock problem on yeti 575, advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.