Viewing 21 posts - 601 through 621 (of 621 total)
  • Royal mail have binned my rear shock!
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Who are people using to post forks and shocks?
    I have a shock I’m going to stick on ebay…cant do it until I know who I can post it with.

I just received a shock from TF tuned via interlink express..so could use them.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Parcel2go collect+ or hermes

simonside
    Free Member

Parcel2go are Hermes aren`t they? 😉

vincienup
    Free Member

Are Royal Mail trying to bankrupt themselves?

Depends on point of view. They seem to be taking inspiration from bus tickets for their pricing.

After saying I’d happily boycot them when this all first kicked off, I ended up sending a couple of things back by RM to online stores that had turned out to be unwanted over Christmas. The prices for 2nd class signed were astounding! I especially liked that the shoebox with shoes in it couldn’t be a small parcel as it looked bigger than a shoebox and cost about £11.

With prices like that a 24hr garage round the corner that does Collect+ I think I’ll not bother again. If I’d had more time last week I’d have walked away.

teenrat

i sold a pool cue on ebay and went to post office to post it yesterday. I was told it would coast £11 to post it as it was a ‘medium’ parcel. £11 to poat within the UK!! Anyway, i was then told that if i put it in a tube, the price would be £5.65 (this is despite it now being bigger and heavier). I went home and put said item in a tube. Went back to the post office and they said it would now cost £9 to post it?! The workers there had no idea about the pricing, sizing or anything parcel related. I told them to forget it and its now gone with Hermes for £4.20. RM are both useless and a rip off.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Sorry for the lack of updates, just got back from a great trip to New Zealand which included some biking in Rotorua and Queenstown! Cheered me up no end!

I see there are a few others who think they have fallen victim to RM’s policy, I feel for you, I really do.

Sadly there is nothing to report. None of the 3rd parties contacted have shown any interest in investigating this further, other than STW!. I’m considering the small claims court but I’m not expecting to win (would be nice) but more to highlight this issue as much as possible.

Any solicitors on here with an expert opinion?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I posted something in a large jiffy bag the other week. The lady in the Past Office said that she was supposed to see if the item fitted into her “template” cardboard box. She wasn’t supposed to push or fold it in any way. Well my jiffy bag was way too big so it wouldn’t fit (even though it was mostly fresh air!). That would have cost £11. Very kindly she just folded over the end of the bag and taped it down so it went easily into the template – £6!
    I use Collect+ now, cheaper and never any dramas like that to deal with.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Posted a Reverb the other day, I made a big deal of saying it’s got oil and compressed air in it. He asked if it was compressed, i.e. in the down position I said no it’s fully extended, that’s fine then. Paid for Special Delivery to cover insurance cost, it arrived with no problems.

Northwind

The folk in my local PO are in a permanent state of confusion, partly it’s because they’re all doddery old ladies but to be fair to them there’s always something changing- parcel rates, sizes, amounts insured, restrictions, computer systems… They’re used to knowing what’s what, now they don’t, that’s no fun.

Wonder what happens when they’re “downstreaming”- all those fake courier companies that use royal mail for their distribution…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Any solicitors on here with an expert opinion?

An inexpert one from a former lawyer working in another area: check the T&Cs, if they are against you, is there any way of getting out of them (unfair terms, uktra vires, technicality etc)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I went in yesterday with a box and told her it contained batteries and fireworks.

To which she replied simply – I hope not

Goldigger
    Free Member

Those that have used parcel2go and hermes, are you using the option where you drop the parcel off at one of there so called outlets…?
    Which is normally a convenience store.

Leaving a shock at a convenience store doesn’t fill me with confidence that it will get to its destination.

rickmeister

I went in yesterday with a box and told her it contained batteries and fireworks.

So, not charged and let off ?

Superficial
    Free Member

Leaving a shock at a convenience store doesn’t fill me with confidence that it will get to its destination.

Leaving a shock with RM never filled me with much confidence either, and that’s before this whole debacle.

I’ve used Collect+ from a local corner shop and it was very convenient – no problems at all. They give you a receipt when you leave the item so it’s all insured / above board.

bearnecessities

WHAT happened?!

andyl
    Free Member

looks like all eyes on the 18th feb for some bike cheap shocks

http://www.wellersauctions.com/trade-retail/auctions/tuesday-18th-february-cycle-auction-40-000-retail-value-inc-clothing-lights-shoes-helmets-components-and-more.html

And just to rub it in “over £40,000 retail value…”

Next time I’m asked what the contents are, I’m tempted to say ‘sex toys’ in a raised voice 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

^ This.

“What does the package contain sir?”

DILLLLLDOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

chip
    Free Member

It’s a penis pump, I have fully deflated the hand bellow could you just check with your T&CS that that’s OK.
    would not want to lose it,
    Sentimental value and all that.

iain1775
    Free Member

lean right upto the glass divide and whisper “it contains your soul” before putting the correct change on the counter and walking off

Viewing 21 posts - 601 through 621 (of 621 total)

The topic ‘Royal mail have binned my rear shock!’ is closed to new replies.