Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Royal Mail Depotists…
  • revs1972
    Free Member

Postman tried to deliver a signed for letter whilst we were away on holiday last week (16/2). Obviously not there, so they left a red card on which the tracking number was handwritten.

Took card to depot today to collect, but they say they have no record of it . They didn’t look for it, just said computer said no and wouldn’t budge. They said they would check with the postman when he got back from his round in case it was still in his bag ( this must be BS as he has had ample opportunity to deliver it since the 16th).
    Asked to speak to manager, and was told he was busy , so arranged for him to call .
    That was 5 hours ago. No call, so rang them to be told same thing and manager would call back.
    Looked on tracking website and it says that the delivery is being held at the depot .
    Now, at what point is that information put on record ? Is it when the postman arrives back at the depot and hands over items that are not delivered ?
    If that is the case, and I can see it online , then why can’t they see it on the computer ?

mattyfez

Do you know what the letter is/who from? ask them to initiate an insurance claim for non delivery.

Bet they soon find it.

revs1972
    Free Member

It’s tickets for a Little Mix concert . They are not for me …..honest

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sbob
    Free Member

revs1972 – Member

It’s tickets for a Little Mix concert.

Try the NSPCC. 😛

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had this happen a time or two when the item couldn’t be delivered (got the card) but was still in the van (no record of it at the depot). Larger parcels seem to get unloaded pretty quickly but a letter…hmm

Muke
    Free Member

IIRC 10 working days before you can put a claim in but deffo contact RM customer services and complain about the situation and especially the manager being too busy to see you and failing to call back when promised.The delivery office gets an email and the manager has to respond to it.

Non delivered items normally get returned to office on completion of duty around 1430 ish but might not get scanned back into the system until next day depending upon how busy the guy in the office is.

Don’t know why it shows up on track n trace for you but they can’t find it, maybe he input the number wrong, although they can check by postcode or surname. I know it doesn’t help you but things go missing quite often either accidentally left in a mail bag (postie doesn’t necessarily use the same bag every day) or in back of the van.Packets are not so bad but letters easily get mixed in with a collection so end up going around the system again.

Good luck and top tip if it’s ever something important use Special delivery.

revs1972
    Free Member

Cheers Muke,
    Missus accosted the posty a short while ago , and asked if he could remember , but he was just filling in for the usual guy apparently.
    She’s on the case, she’s like a dog with a bone 😉

revs1972
    Free Member

Well that was excellent advice from Muke. Spoke to RM customer services, who seemed very on the ball , and are actively cracking down on missing items.
    Had a very apologetic call from the local manager this morning who was doing his utmost to look into the matter on my behalf.

Got a call this afternoon to say it had been found, but they couldn’t give an explanation for its disappearance when I picked it up from them.

sands
    Free Member

revs1972
    …but they couldn’t give an explanation for its disappearance when I picked it up from them.

Let’s face it, it was just a ‘Little Mix’ up, ‘You Gotta Not’ get stressed, hope that’s ‘Good Enough‘. They’re just ‘Weird People’ and ‘They Just Don’t Know You’ really wanted the tickets and that you’re ‘Going Nowhere’ until it’s resolved. The letter was possibly face down. I.e. not ‘Word Up‘. This is not going to ‘Change Your Life’ and it’s not ‘Black Magic‘, so ‘Move’ on, ‘Pretend it’s OK’
    this resolution is ‘Good Enough‘.

slackalice
    Free Member

I ‘Salute’ you sir.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail Depotists…’ is closed to new replies.