Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Royal Mail delivery backlog?
  • DD
    Free Member

Anybody know if Royal Mail still have a backlog of deliveries from before Christmas? I’m expecting a parcel from Portugal the was sent on the 21 December?

Jamie
    Free Member

There has been quite a popular thread on this recently….

Anyways, I got some Christmas cards today if that helps.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

yes – I got something posted locally on the 17th yesterday

Milkie
    Free Member

Yup! I got a Christmas card that was posted early December.

69er
    Free Member

Tell me about it 🙄

In fact, tell brunnerscj about it!

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

I got a packet yesterday that was posted on the 10th Dec. The seller on Ebay that I bought the item off actually re-sent me another one on the 4th Jan and it arrived on the 5th; a day before the one posted on 10th Dec from the same post office….shocking.

I’m also waiting on four packets from Hong Kong that were posted on 10th Dec…I expect they’ll be with me around June time!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

There’s something fishy about things that were posted on the 10th, myself & my missus have both had things go missing/are still waiting for things posted on that date…

quahogmtb

1st class parcel from CRC sent 23th Dec, arrived 6th Jan. I checked at the (Croydon) PO depot a few days before and they said they were still working their way through quite a lot of stuff that had been delayed due to the snow.

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting for band of Brothers to come from Play for ages…. and I’m very impatient

smogmonster

Theyre all still up the creek. My daughters Christmas present, ordered Dec 10th, still hasnt arrived thanks to Citylink..the driver actually brought something yesterday ordered NYD, he says that there are still piles and piles of stuff that they simply havent got round to even looking at.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Good to hear that other folks are waiting too.

I’m waiting for a couple of CRC parcels and a pair of cranks for my new Inbred build despatched just before the New Year and some cable despatched on 23 Dec. An exercise in patience I reckon although it almost makes me wonder whether it’d be better to re-order the items and send back the duplicates when they finally appear as the recent stuff seems to be getting through more quickly. Ordered another CRC parcel on 30 Dec but paid extra for Parcelforce 24 so that I’d get it along with the other orders and that arrived on Tuesday.

Gotta feel for the online stores though – they must be inundated with ‘where’s my stuff?’ emails.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I think that royal mail are prioritising new stuff coming through and hence the back log isn’t get worked through as quickly as maybe it should be? Just a suggestion. We got Christmas cards yesterday and I’m still waiting for something that was posted on 21st! however interestingly had something dispatched from Amazon on 9th Dec and arrived around 23rd Dec, had something posted from Sheffield on 20th and arrived on 21st and that was at the time of the heavy snow! Think it’s teh Royal Mail’s excuse for whether they can be bothered or not 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

My issue 62 hasn’t arrived and I’m so angry at the world.

postierich
    Free Member

Lack of staff in the Delivery offices and no extra vehicles hired in the Christmas period has been a contributing factor in the backlog not forgetting the broken ankles and wrists in our office.Staff not doing the overtime in protest @ the amount of vacancies but Royal Mail have a block on new part time posties 🙁

Tis a shocking state

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

Taff

I’m actually waiting for an xbox game to come from Play.com which was ordered on the 25th Dec! Ah well, less game time means more bike time so I’m happy enough until it arrives.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail delivery backlog?’ is closed to new replies.