Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Royal Mail – blind or indifferent?
  • iDave
    Free Member

I use a dirty big ‘Not at this address, return to sender’ stamp on half a dozen official looking letters for the last occupier. The next day they arrive back through my letterbox. This happens twice. WTF?

Mikkel
    Free Member

machine sorted and blind postie

cynic-al
    Free Member

What he said.

iDave
    Free Member

Will gaffer tape over old address in future

cynic-al
    Free Member

and any barcode!

Northwind

Lots of junkmail comes with fake stamping on it these days- “Not a circular!” “To the homeowner” etc. We stopped using the “Not at this address” stamps when we’re rejecting mail and just strike out the address by pen and write on it instead- seems to catch the eye better.

postierich
    Free Member

Bin it you tart we have enough to do without doing free redirections!

Lots of mail is walk sorted by super dooper machines then a postie will prep two or three walks(rounds)and only deliver one leaving the other two to be done by the part timers so will probably not fussed or prepping that fast he does not notice.
    Pen through barcode helps 🙂

convert

My new game is to save all the junk flyers the postie helpfully leaves for me every week and then stuff them in the next prepaid envelope that comes with the junk mail or speculative visa application guff. Puerile but gives me a warm glow on my way to work as I pop it in the post box.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

save all the junk flyers the postie helpfully leaves for me every week and then stuff them in the next prepaid envelope that comes with the junk mail or speculative visa application guff

Nasty! I like it 😉

The addressed stuff for the OP though – blank out the address and barcode. “NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS” to the side. Sorted! (see what I did there?)

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Royal Braille more like.

daftvader
    Free Member

As postierich said. Bin it. We posties, on average, will handle anywhere between 8000 and 15000 items of post in any one day. Mistakes happen. Use a big fat marker if you must send it back, put RTS on the envelope. If there are any barcodes in either grey, orange or a sticker cross them out and hopfully you wont get them back. If you do just have a word with the postie. Just mind his white stick.
    Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail – blind or indifferent?’ is closed to new replies.