• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by juan.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Royal, cool or not?
  • clareymorris

Looking to buy MrCM some baggies……..so is Royal kit cool? Oh and of course does it last more than 5 minutes?!?

jam-bo

never heard anything bad about them. peaty owns them so it must be cool

MrNutt
    Free Member

I haven’t got any so by default you could consider it to be considered cool 😆

clareymorris

Well, I was liking the Peaty connection.

MrNutt that’s good enough for me 😉

smell_it
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of the function zipper shorts, nice cut for me, and after 5 months regular all is good. I’m not sure about the cool bit 😳

colnagokid

Ive had some shorts for a good few years and they are still going strong, just an outer mind no liner.
    Did some big company buy Royal a while back?

GW
    Free Member

don’t 661 own it now?

oh, and Peaty, cool? get tae specsavers!!

clareymorris

It is the function zipper shorts I was going for (very good price on CRC at the mo!!) They look nice enough, I’ll go for it. Thanks guys 😀

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of tops and a pair of the Future Cargo shorts which have been loads and loads and apart from being very comfy, well cut and resiliant to crashes they have survived really well. They’ve gone a little bit furry in places but are still absolutely fine.

I’m waiting for a pair of this year’s race shorts to arrive

Onzadog
    Free Member

Humm, I’d have said not cool asI’d imagine they’d be worn by MBUK kids who want to be Steve Peak. Then again, I have absoloutley no qualification in cool.

clareymorris

I want to be Steve “Peak” ;-P

roughneck
    Free Member

Got the function zipper shorts, well nice shorts. I had to send the first pair back because the stitching at the back opened up on the first ride. But I’ve had this pair for 8 months and all ok.

slowrider
    Free Member

the function zipper is prob the best short they make, tough but really light. they are my joint fave shorts with sombrio rev moto’s. (which are cheap on wiggle).

shinsplints

The stuff looks ok,apart from when its hanging off those twunts in MBUK 🙄

MisterCrud
    Free Member

For gods sake Shinsplintz, why does everyone have it in for doddy and co?
    The Doddster and his crew absolutely live to ride…really nice people down at future to a man.
    Why take the piss, when all those guys want to do is ride their bikes, and try to make a living writing about it?
    Royal was started by Steve, to hopefully give him a small income in his old age. I suppose that’s a crime too. He still has big input, and the kit is as good as they can make it.
    Right, back to my beer and a bit of telly before I go to bed.

FuzzyWuzzy

Dunno about the shorts sizing but the top I bought was massive (usually wear XL jerseys so bought an XL one, had to send it back as it was ridiculously big, exchanged with an L size and even that was comically big and it was more a trail top rather than something designed to go over a stormtrooper outfit). Couldn’t be arsed to send it back again so it’s just gathering dust 🙁

MRanger156
    Free Member

I’ve got three pairs of royal shorts – Sub, function zipper and the race shorts. Function zipper by far the best all round shorts. Baggy but nice fit.

juan
    Free Member

I have one they perfome okay.
    Mine however is a S and waist size is too big… Maybe some testing is in order

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Royal, cool or not?’ is closed to new replies.