Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • routes near Winfell Forest?
  • jamiec360
    Free Member

Going to centre Parcs at Winfell next week with the extended family, any recommendations on routes nearby assuming I get. Couple of hours to myself and my Whyte 😀

Remember I’ll be full of turkey and sprouts so nothing too epic….

boxelder

It’s pretty muddy and pastoral adjacent to whinfell, but a 10 min drive to Askham and you can criss cross the fell (Moor Divock etc) to Pooley Bridge and Ullswater.

Trekster

jamiec360 – Member
    Going to centre Parcs at Winfell next week with the extended family

Me to 😆 Will be taking the Pig and big locks 🙄
    Lots of snow and ice about 🙁
    See the Whinlatter thread

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Random
    Free Member

Will be taking the Pig and big locks

What’s the deal with bike storage? Is it just a case of locking them up inside / outside somewhere?

Going to be there next week. If anyone else and fancies a ride, get in touch.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

there used to be a back entrance and you can do a limited loop, nothing too exciting but better than being trapped in there

its a shame they don’t but in a pump track and a small skills circuit but I imagine they are scared of all the hire bikes getting trashed

s
    Free Member

Bikes do go missing, I would avoid leaving anything interesting outside and lock it up inside your lodge, not that that offers much more protection 😉

Not sure if they still do, but years back CP customer services (guy was a fellow mtber on reception)gave me a key to borrow to a gate alongside one fence, which lead to a few zig zaging trails, nothing mad, but fun to ride.

Random
    Free Member

its a shame they don’t but in a pump track and a small skills circuit but I imagine they are scared of all the hire bikes getting trashed

My son just got a bike with pedals for Christmas – if we can just refine his use of the brakes whilst we are there, that will be a success. I can practise wheelies, manuals, bunny hops etc – the usual Dad’s showing off stuff!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘routes near Winfell Forest?’ is closed to new replies.