• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by StuF.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Routes near Weymouth
  • StuF

I’m off to Weymouth for a few days, was thinking of taking a bike with me. Any decent mtb routes round there or is it all road biking? Thanks

chiefgrooveguru

Puddletown Forest is fairly short drive away and has a lot of fun trails.

StuF

Thanks, is Puddletown waymarked or is it just follow your nose and hope for the best

kiksy
    Free Member

Puddletown is just follow your nose random short fun trails.

There’s good loops to be had around the Purbecks, plenty of stuff online about that.

Okeford Hill bike park is just near Blandford.

Wareham forest has trails as well, mainly collected around the Gore Heath area. There are some flat wide waymarked routes round there as well

jimmy748

Do a lap of Portland from Weymouth, can be stunning views on a clear day and some fun trail, and there some cool spots.

This route has most the good stuff

https://strava.app.link/0LE18s7Rdkb

ampthill

Head North on sustrans route and then West onto the South Dorest Ridgeway really enjoyed a ride up there. My book says there is an epic ride between Purbeck and Weymouth

jimmy748

My book says there is an epic ride between Purbeck and Weymouth

Your books wrong.

gazzab1955

@StuF – depends on what you are looking for? Gnarly singletrack then go to Puddletown Forest. Wide tracks with stunning views then try the South Dorset Ridgeway or the Inland Coastal Path to the Purbecks. Or for a bit of both try the Purbecks.

@ampthill
    – I think its epic, great views and lots of ups and downs

@jimmy748
    – depends on what your view of epic is? The tracks between the Purbecks and Weymouth, which is effectively the inland coastal path, are great to ride and have stunning views and if you don’t live near the sea then you would probably consider this an “epic” ride.

jimmy748

Well as he asked for decent MTB routes, I can assure you, there are none between Creech and Osmington.

ampthill

@jimmy748

Geography fail. It’s west not East of Weymouth. West Bay to Charmouth and back. Is it any good?

jimmy748

@amphill sorry no idea, I’m not family with the stuff further west. I wish there was something between Weymouth and the Purbecks, but the ranges and Lulworth estate are in the way.

StuF

Cheers all, I’ll have a look at purbeck as well. Fingers crossed that the forecast is wrong as I’m meant to be windsurfing with mtb as a backup. Looks like I’ll be on the mtb all week at the mo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Routes near Weymouth’ is closed to new replies.