Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Routes near Mixenden?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Got to go to Mixenden for work on Monday and I know that it’s part of Calderdale so thought I could take my bike with me for a quick blast. I’m probably not going to have long so is it even worth it if I can only ride for about 45 mins starting at Mixenden? I know that it’s not the heart of Calderdale so is the riding there any good? Will I just be disappointed?

tmb467
    Free Member

Not far from Ogden Water there – quick loop of the reservoir and windmills

whitestone
    Free Member

+1 for Ogden Water, it’s only ten minutes up the road from Mixy.

swoosh
    Free Member

Had a look at os maps and was thinking Cold edge dams then Overden moor to Ogden water and back on the road. Any good? About 6 miles.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

You can follow the concrete water gully from Warley Moor reservoir over the moor, round the top of Luddenden Dean, and down into Hebden Bridge via Nutclough Woods.

andybanks
    Free Member

I’d use your 45 minutes to ride to the local bike shop and buy their most secure lock they’ve got. Or leave your bike at home if you value it.

brant
    Free Member

As per Andybanks. I would not leave a bike unattended in Mixenden unless one of Dangerous Paul’s mates was looking after it for me.

andybanks
    Free Member
    swoosh
    Free Member

andybanks – Member
    Have a quick read – http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/mixenden-halifax.html

Yeah but that website hates everywhere! The hated for Mixenden isn’t exactly unique

nigew
    Free Member

Don’t worry Mixenden is no worse than most other areas of Calderdale these days!
    I live in Luddenden and wouldn’t leave my bike unattended there either!
    The ride you mention is a good one or you could drop into the Luddenden Valley, climb up to Midgley Moor (it’s cheeky but doubt you will get any grief) and ride towards Pecket Well, pick up the bridleway that descends to Castle Carr, quick pint in the Cat i well and back up to Wainstalls

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Routes near Mixenden?’ is closed to new replies.