Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • routers w/parental controls
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Seems our service included wifi router is very limited in its controls and I’m looking for something I can put access restrictions on.
    Device time limitations and hours of use.
    web site/content controls on specific devices etc.

Anything out there that is better/more user friendly than others?

Oblongbob

Got tp link deco mesh system recently and works well via app. Seems to be the class leader in security and access control. Mainly got to improve WiFi in house but the controls are a bonus.

BearBack
    Free Member

circling back to this as we just had a new modem/router from the ISP with just 2 ethernet ports ($10/mo rental so I haven’t cracked it open yet as I can return it)
    I should add that wifi is a secondary connection consideration so 4-port ethernet is a preference (for ease of connection) and i already have a couple of network switches connected off one of the cables already… so not a deal breaker but I don’t have easy power where the 4 x cat5e wall socket ‘hub’ is.
    On 300mbps here with gigabit as an option so unsure if I bridge my existing docsis 3.0 and get a better router or look for another 3.0/3.1 combo unit.
    why so much ethernet?
    1. Smart TV,
    2. laptop,
    3. Roku,
    4. 10m Cable to NwSwitch My PC + 10m cable to 2nd NwSwitch> Nintendo Switch + Roku

jeffl

Open DNS will do some of it for you. But in my experience kids quickly work out how to change the DNS lookup on their devices to work around it.

https://www.howtogeek.com/79998/protect-your-kids-online-using-open-dns-2/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘routers w/parental controls’ is closed to new replies.