Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Route planning software for extremely lazy 🤣
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,
    Just a thought before going to sleep…
    Is there any route planning tool/software that will do extra work for the laziest sods on this planet?
    Something like: there is my starting point, want to ride 50 miles, plan me circular route…
    If not, did I just invented niche 😂🤣😂?
    Cheers!
    I.

lunge

Yep, Garmin Connect and Strava both do that.

slowoldman

cycle.travel does it too.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thanks!
    That only shows my level of Luddism. Using Strava for close to 2 years and didn’t even know about such feature.
    Cheers!
    I.

lunge

You may need the paid for Strava version, it’ll be on the app under the the explore tab.

Flaperon

If you use the Strava route builder take a careful look for any potentially dodgy bits. It uses tracks that other people have ridden and they may not be legal or safe.

I’ve had it try to navigate me the wrong way down one-way streets on more than one occasion as well as a totally ludicrous path across an active railway line with no formal crossing.

Personally I think it’s worth taking the extra minute or two and building it yourself on RideWithGPS, or stealing someone else’s.

Not had the dodgy planning with Garmin’s course builder but it does pick particularly boring routes.

ceept

I use Strava segment explorer to find segments on a possible route, then look at the rides on the leaderboard for inspiration.
    Once you find one suitable, use the Strava to gpx app to save it, edit in viewranger if required, then import into my Garmin & follow.

dknwhy

I use Komoot for this. Plan it on my phone, choose what bike I’m riding, turn on my Garmin and the route is there.

Relies on OSM mapping though so sometimes the MTB routes are a bit off.

DrP

I love Garmin, but the connect maps have MINIMAL detail I’ve found..
    Good for road, but naff for off road.

I use RWGPS, then copy that to connect..

DrP

IvanMTB
    Free Member

You may need the paid for Strava version

Yep, free version do not support route building anymore.

Normally I’m using combination of Google maps, Bing maps in OS mode and Ride with GPS to plan my routes, but just thought about something simple for lazy days, where I just don’t want to spend too much time on plotting…

Thanks All!

Cheers!
    I.

jjxray
    Free Member

cycle.travel does it too.

another vote for cycle.travel, its my main route planning tool

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Route planning software for extremely lazy 🤣’ is closed to new replies.