• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • route markers for tour de france stage 1
  • ollycycles
    Free Member

hello
    anyone have any latest info on when the signs will go up to mark the route of stage one of the tour?
    was looking on the tour website and it seems to hit a couple of quite main roads.
    will the sign posts avoid these and take you along a quieter road?

cheers
    olly

slackalice
    Free Member

Very shortly before they become available on ebay 🙂

pondo

Just been listening to Bespoke, and some chap on there said that (barring their appearence on Ebay) they’re going to leave the signs up in perpetuity. I like. 🙂

tomhoward

So, you want to avoid the tour route? Interesting first post.

mrmo
    Free Member

So, you want to avoid the tour route? Interesting first post.

If the OP wishes to ride the route and follow the arrows it does make sense. From the Tour point of view closed roads mean every road is a quiet road. Well apart from the caravan!

If you really don’t want to follow the exact route fine, but the route is what it is. Look at a map and figure out if there are sections you would rather not ride and what the alternative is.

GavinB

martinhutch

Already up in Skipton.

ollycycles
    Free Member

my point was that it seems a little risky directing novice/groups of “lets do that tour de france thing it will be fun ” along some of the A roads right next to the m1. the first place i dropped the street view guy on the a61 there was three lorries.
    just curious if they were signing the exact route or skipping a few of the more potentioally dangerous spots.

johnadams
    Free Member

Have a look at the Stage 1 route here:

Whole route in under 5 minutes

mattsccm
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that it is to be pre-marked for recreational use prior to the event? If not, why should it follow anything other than the route itself?
    If there is a plan to have it marked as a recreational ride then I guess it could do either. why not wait to see what the powers at be decide to do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘route markers for tour de france stage 1’ is closed to new replies.