Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Route Help (Lakes)
  • rubymurry
    Free Member

Riding Keswick – home next week and wondering on first bit of route does anyone have knowledge?

Wadendlath – Robincrag – Blea tarn – Thilmere and onto Ambleside

Or

Wadendlath – greenup gill – lining crag – gramsmere common (last time I I did this 10 yrs ago greenup to grasmere wasn’t rideable)

TomB

Where’s home? Everything above watendlath can be horrendously boggy, especially now. I’d probably go up langstrath (right of the Beck) to the FB at the bottom of Stake pass, then up and over that to descend to langdale, out to enter water and up red bank and down loughrigg terrace to the end of rydal water to get to Ambleside.

rubymurry
    Free Member

Preston

TomB

Ooof, that’s a long way. How much time have you got?

rubymurry
    Free Member

Planning all day Sunday, early start

boxelder

As Tom B, I’d suggest Langstrath, Stake, Langdale, Blea Tarn to Little Langdale.

martinhutch

As above, Langstrath, Stake, Langdale – then possibly Elterwater – Ambleside if you want to be more direct. That’s a long day whichever way you look at it.

rubymurry
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I rode Stakes Pass from Angle tarn other month on the C2C as I didn’t like the look of the descent down Rossett pike but found Stakes bloody techi with all the bags on had to walk all top bit. But thanks will try Wadendlath, Rosthwaite, Langstrath, Stake, Elterwater, Ambleside, Jenkin, Troutbeck, Stavely, Kendal and jump on the canal and home 👍

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Route Help (Lakes)’ is closed to new replies.