Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Route around Wellesbourne Warwickshire
  • Autoelec
    Free Member

Just started working out that way. Looking at the maps there are a fair few Bridalways towards Butlers Marston. Anyone got a gpx of a good route?

JAG

Talk to the guys in the bike shop in Wellesbourne.

https://www.cycleroute-warks.co.uk/

They run rides on week day evenings and at the weekends.

noltae
    Free Member

The Crematorium has some  trails through the adjacent woodland . .

Pook

I drive through there earlier randomly.  We’re you the beardy bloke on the cube?

timba
    Free Member

Try the airfield Touchdown Cafe; it’s not a route, but they do have maps on the tables (s’true!)

Autoelec
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. I have a beard but no cube!

BigJohn

Can you still ride up Lakey Hill and over to Lower Loxley?

kayak23

If I knew how to share my Strava routes I’d have a few. Not that many actually through Wellesbourne as to get out that way from Leamington you generally have to do a bit of road and I try to avoid that if possible.

Loads of routes around Leamington, Warwick and Kenilworth though that all get linked up.

Pook

might not have been a cube.  Were you riding there at about 3 yesterday?

Autoelec
    Free Member

@ Pook on a Trek road bike commuting once or twice a week. Would like to take the hard tail to work and do a quick loop on a Friday afternoon. @kayak23 strava would be good if you have any of the bridalways towards Combrook, Butlers Marston, Ettington, etc?

kayak23

Hmm, I don’t I’m afraid. Haven’t really ventured into those specific areas as yet. They’ll pretty much all be nettle hell like most of Warwickshire at this time though. 😀

kayak23

Actually, I’ve done a couple of routes near Combrook, but I can’t find them on my Strava.

You can loop around Compton Verney Lake and near to Lighthorne rough, and Jaguar LandRover proving grounds etc.

It’s all very edge of field xc, linked by road sections around there mostly. Nothing particularly stands out singletrack-wise.

Still, nice to be out. I’d just link up the bridleways from wherever you start and see what happens.

Try searching in the Viewranger app.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Route around Wellesbourne Warwickshire’ is closed to new replies.