Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Route advice for tomorrow
  • transporter13
    Free Member

Right.. Firstly apologies if this seems lazy but hear me out.

Looking for somewhere to ride within a 2+1/2 drive of kettering tomorrow.
    I will be with a mate and 2 of my kids (11+10) and none of us have ever done anything natural ie peaks etc before as weve predominatly rode dh in the past.
    Weve done llandegla and cannock trail centres but Im posting this up in the hope that someone could point us in the direction of a starter route suitable for the less fit and younger person hopefully in the peaks etc.

Any advice is welcome..as is criticism 😉

Thanks in advance

Esme
    Free Member

There’s some nice easy stuff around Bakewell. Is that close enough? I’ll have a look for a route.

transporter13
    Free Member

Yeah.. Thats cool bud travelling is no issue as long as the route isnt to physically hard but worthwhile

ebennett

I can only speak for the dark peak, but it’s limited in terms of starter routes – most things involve a slog up a hill that’s steeper than most parts of a trail centre.

whisky711
    Free Member

Rode near Bakewell today, pretty boggy in places, take mudguards and a change of clothes!

Esme
    Free Member

Bakewell Circuit is a good route. But I suggest you shorten it and miss out the little loop (1-5).

Also I prefer the main loop in the opposite direction (clockwise). Just follow the tarmac road up the hill from Bakewell, until you join the trail emerging from the woods.

If you PM me with your email address, I’ll send you an OS map.

whisky711
    Free Member

Have you thought about Hicks Lodge?

Hicks Lodge

transporter13
    Free Member

Esme that looks spot on from looking at the distance and elevation gain… Even I can do that 😀

Email is in profile as far as I know

Whisky… Thanks bud but id like to get into the peaks if at all possible.

Ebennet.. As long as I can do the climbs then its all good

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Route advice for tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.