• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ski.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rough cost of moving a log burner
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

me and the GF have just bought a house (well offer accepted /mortgage approved). It’s a victorian property and the owner has the log burner in the dining room (which he uses as his main room). We’ve been told the front fireplace isn’t working in the front room

So how much and what would be needed to move this to the front room? e.g

removing old fireplace, flue, certificates

log burner in dining room

front room

br
    Free Member

Mate, could be a day, could be a month…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Do people still have a room specifically for dining?
    Anyhoo, do the fireplaces back onto each other? If so it ‘may’ be possible to connect the front room fireplace to the flue in the dining room.

Otherwise you need to look at why the front room fireplace isn’t working – may be something fairly simple, but you would need to get it lined anyway the price of which would depend on how much you did yourself.

How about using the dining room as your front room as previous ownder did? Looks nice with the doors leading outside.

crikey
    Free Member

You’ll be looking at £1000-£2000 all in I would have thought.

I’d leave the fire where it is and get another in the front, either gas or solid fuel.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The log burner is the cheap bit. Leave it alone and fit a new one in the other room.

You might want to check there’s still a chimney…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Cheers people. I did suggest another log burner for the front room although seems a bit flash 😀

It seems he never uses the front room in it’s current set up. The whole place is absolutely immaculate and he’s kept all the fireplaces in the bedrooms as well.

I’ll have to get some quotes.. (and obviously check there’s still a chimney which i think there is)

Fingers crossed everything with the sale goes okay

monkey_boy
    Free Member

+ 1

You’ll be looking at £1000-£2000 all in I would have thought.

I’d leave the fire where it is and get another in the front, either gas or solid fuel.

ski
    Free Member

Thirds

Third for the log burner, third for the liner/attachments and a third labour.

Both fireplaces look good, would be a shame to knock both about, when you could just add another burner to the existing fireplace

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rough cost of moving a log burner’ is closed to new replies.