Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rotorua – Trails that need to be on the check list
  • stewartc
    Free Member

Managed to bag a cheap flight to NZ (from HK at least) and am looking to be there for late February 2018 for a week, Sunday to Saturday with a couple of riding buddies lined up to join and accommodation booked (Rotorvegus).
    We are all taking our Enduro sleds/AM Bikes/Trail Bikes so that we can cover the widest variety of trails with at least a day or two of shuttles, possibly an all-day heli ride epic but as a newbie to Rotorua, having only been there once before for hiking, what are the To Do trails that need to be on the check list?

All advice will be gratefully received.

Kahurangi

At least a couple of days at the bike park – the shuttle bus is cheap. The native trails (Hatupatu, Tawhiti) off the top are great. The EWS has been through several times since I’ve ridden there so new trails have gone in and been ridden out since. Kung-Fu Walrus was a new one when I was last there 😀

I’m going to have to dig out the trail map to remind myself of what my favourites are.

Don’t forget to do Kutore (Kutties) on a wet day 😆

Rainbow mountain is short but fun. Do a couple of laps then stop of a hot dip in Kerosene Creek.

The trails off the gondola aren’t that great so never rode them.

The Jubilee Track is cheeky (walking track) and very contentious locally so don’t ride it.

We never did any helis from Rortorua so I don’t know what options that would open up.

Taupo trails (Craters of the Moon) were ok but I wouldn’t head there to ride them.

Brainflex
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rotorua – Trails that need to be on the check list’ is closed to new replies.