Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Rotator cuff torn… Timescale for healing?
  • preraphalite
    Free Member

It does indeed, but primarily as an assistor to the larger muscles. same can be said for all of the rotator cuff muscles. the joint needs a few R2 units to help lock it down what with the larger muscles dealing with the stresses and strains of a joint with a large range of movement such as this.
    if you want a great simple to follow book to bolster the book shelf and allow anyone’s Hypochondria to flourish, then the concise book of muscles by Chris Jarmey is a good place to start. it give exercises that strengthen too which is great as a basis for a spot of rehab

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Skip waiting for NHS physio and go private. I went to see a sports medicine GP (private) for my diagnosis, well worth the money.

I hurt my infraspinatus and supraspinatus in May in a crash on the road bike. Thankfully road riding doesn’t hurt my shoulder as long as I don’t stand up to climb or sprint. Still have a lot of pain when sleeping if I lie on that arm, putting on jackets and certain rotations/movements. Lost a lot of overall shoulder strength which has affected my scapula too. What seems to have made the biggest difference in terms of pain is doing my physio exercises every day (funny that). I had an 8 day tour in the Alps booked less than 2 weeks after crashing and was so desperate to make progress that I resorted to adding turmeric to everything (cous cous, tea (grim!) to help with inflammation (on top of anti inflams).

Turbo should be ok if you *have* to exercise.

pipiom
    Free Member

I went to a professor Leonard Funk (google him) he’s the top jockey for shoulders: all of the Athertons have been to him for similar……totally committed to getting you riding again….gave me: X-ray/scan/physical exam and injection all in one visit……I went private cos I’m IOM but he does take NHS….give him a ring….I was riding again in 10 days

shermer75
    Free Member

concise book of muscles by Chris Jarmey is a good place to start

Already have it! I love that book 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

.I went private cos I’m IOM

Isle of Man?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just thought I would update this thread for anyone interested in how easy it is to damage your shoulders without knowing…..
    I had an MRI finally on the fubarred shoulder that I thought was 90% healed as it was only occasionally causing pain ie after an hour swimming and 3 hour rides but still felt something was ‘catching’ in the joint and my left arm is definitely weaker.
    Went to consultants today and was gutted to be shown that the rear most rotator cuff tendon was completely snapped, and the large one towards the front pretty much ripped over half way across and significant wear and tear to the rest of the smaller bits at the collar bone end of things.
    Bugger, I’m now on the list for full attempt at repairing it all, gutted at possibly no driving for up to four months but even more so when he said probably no riding until next year 😯
    My aim (with care of course) will be to prove his timescales wrong, at least there’s always the turbo or maybe a Wattbike hire.

footflaps
    dannybgoode

I recommend the book Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff. Properly helped me out when I did mine.

A fridge borrowed it when he did his in and it helped him also.

Available from Amazon…

wordnumb
    Free Member

A fridge borrowed it when he did his in and it helped him also.

= Best sentence I’ve read all day.

bearnecessities

You should see the email the guy at hotpoint got asking about their range of double chested friend freezers.

Cheers, Dandy B

dannybgoode

Didn’t spot that one 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Rotator cuff torn… Timescale for healing?’ is closed to new replies.