Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rose CX Bike
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m in a cx pickle.
    The Rose Pro DX Cross 2000 looks rather good for the money. There doesn’t seem to be much gen about them out there. Are they any good? Are Rose ok to deal with?

ahsat

Hi Monkeychild

I was in the same pickle as you; and I ended up buying a Pro DX Cross 3000. I wasnt sure what bike I wanted, even if I wanted a CX, but I am really really pleased with it. Likewise, I couldn’t find many reviews in English, so it was a bit of a punt, but turned out to be totally worth it.

I posted a bit of info when I first got it here.

They were very good to deal with. I got them to change the saddle and rear cassette which also needed a different rear mech. They just charged the difference. Their communication was very good. My only small grumble was it said 3-5 to weeks to deliver and it kept changing everytime I checked. I emailed them and it turned out that the frames weren’t actually in Germany, but as soon as they did arrive, they turned it round quickly, and I still got it in 4.5 weeks. It arrived all well packaged and was very easy to set up – very little to do apart from turn the bars really. You could tell it had all be checked in the workshop.

I have complained about riding rigid mtb in the past, so wasnt sure how I’d get on with it, but I have really enjoyed it, including taking it over the moors and railways lines. Its has been the bike I have ridden most over the winter. I have found the frameset to be responsive but without too much vibration.

No doubt you can buy better bikes, but for a winter hack and summer commuter it is perfect for me. I have a feeling if you want something more racy it isn’t quite the right geometry, but I was just looking for something for some miles.

Highly recommended.

Del

saw one out and about last year. looked really nice. whether it beats on-one or boardman for VFM is a difficult call though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeychild
    Free Member

Wow! Nice response. I am after a commuter/winter bike/off roader. It doesn’t have the top cable routing which is good for the nads lol. I do like how I can change the cassette customise the saddle tape etc. I am kinda sold. Don’t think I’ll go for white though.

ahsat

Part of the appeal for me over On-One or Boardman was the ability to spec it (though agree, they are also very good bikes). As a tall women I find sizing tricky, and this got over that; plus if I buy a boardman and put a £60 womens saddle on it, it started to get messy/more expensive. Also totally got sucked in by the shiny Ultegra and Mavic wheelset (hence the 3000). Also seemed to be a lot lighter than other things I had looked at online. When it turned up I was pretty impressed. A lot lighter than the husbands Giant.

Only really went for white as my Nicolai is anodised black and I fancied a change, and the gloss finish is easier to clean.

Interesting thread.
    I’m thinking of getting something to replace my Specialized Tricross.
    The ROSE PRO DX CROSS-3100 2014 looks good, but I think I’ll wait until I’ve read a bit more about the long term reliability of Di2 and hydraulic discs before I commit.
    £140 for a new rear derailleur sounds a lot of money for something so vulnerable.

monkeychild
    Free Member

How tall are you and your hubby ahsat?? I see in your thread you said you have 33″ and your hubby has a 31″ inseam.

ahsat

I am about 5’9.5″ and p20 (the husband) is about 5’8″. I have quite long legs and a short body. p20 has typical man dimensions of longer body and shorter legs. 54 cm is def right size for me – I have had a bad back for the last 18 months so I was careful about sizing. Any longer I would have been over stretched, and 54 cm allows me to move about. 54 cm comes spec’d with 42 cm wide bars, but being a woman I dropped it down to 40 cm. If you measure yourself as they suggest on the website, they give you the suggested dimensions i.e. my shoulders are 40 cm wide. I was between 52 cm and 54 cm but knew I would end up with a lot of seat post out on the 52 cm, so just went for 54 cm with short stem.

Note: the husband is a funny man…he rides a large Lightville and a tiny C40 so take no attention of his size choices!

ahsat

The ROSE PRO DX CROSS-3100 2014 looks good, but I think I’ll wait until I’ve read a bit more about the long term reliability of Di2 and hydraulic discs before I commit.

Agree – that does look nice. Was just too much money for me. I wanted hydraulic brakes, but the cost and the fact it was the same time the SRAM ones got recalled, I just stuck with the mechanicals. They have been spot on so far, and I am used to Hope 4-pots on the mtb’s (though it is all relative).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rose CX Bike’ is closed to new replies.