Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rose Bikes issue
  • rascal
    Free Member

I ordered a few bits for the roadie last week – tried to use PayPal but not an option on my order apparently so I was left not knowing what had happened after trying to place the order. Got a long-winded email giving bank transfer details option which seems an archaic way of doing things these days which I didn’t fancy (never used them before plus abroad). They suggested they could cancel that order and I reorder and use a credit card. I asked them to cancel it and let me know when done so I could reorder and try again. No response so ordered anyway. It went through but then said there was an error. Emailed them to ask what was going on – eventually got an email saying BANK REJECTED and did I want to reorder with the card. Bank says this morning the payment is pending and the issue is with Rose and I won’t find out for up to 30 days whether it’s actually going to happen or not.
    What a **** farce! I’ve since read their TrustPilot reviews – why oh why didn’t I go there first?!
    Anyone else had similar with them? I usually chose well when it comes to suppliers but of late it feels like I’ve killed a black cat under a ladder with these and Tweeks.
    I’m not desperate for the bits so could wait til the 30 days are up but that makes me weary of ordering parts elsewhere now. UK companies can’t match the German outlets in terms of price – BikeDiscount look good and have stock so tempted as heard good things about these but don’t want to end up with 2 lots of product, one having to be returned to Rose in 30 days. Any advice?

honourablegeorge

Been ordering from Gemran sites for years, use them more than any other sites – always PayPal, never a problem. bike-components.de, bike24.com, r2-bike.com always reliable, never had an issue.

rascal
    Free Member

HG – interestingly Rose not on your list

13thfloormonk

Yikes, what a mess!

I’ve ordered lots of stuff from them and never had an issue, found them quite approachable and open to discussion (e.g. they weren’t able to supply a bike I ordered with the gear ratios I requested but I managed to persuade them to take chainrings off shelf and swap with chainrings on bike, which they did).

Also good for warranty, I stripped the threads of the integrated seat clamp on my Rose which would have cost £18 to replace, I queried this given how easily the threads stripped and they had one in the post to me the next day, free of charge.

Sounds like they just have some issues with their payment system.

scotroutes

I’ve had a few orders from Rose over the past 6-7 years. Always paid by credit card. Never had any problems.

andy4d

I have never had any issues with Rose either.

In my limited knowledge it sounds like your money is in Banking limbo. I have had this with other high st retailers before, you scan your card at till, till says error, so you scan card again to pay. This then shows as 2 withdrawals on your account but should only be one, the shop only takes one payment but the bank ‘holds’ the other one as pending as the computer thinks you scanned card twice and shop will request both payments, but shop only take one lot of money, after a few days/week the bank releases the funds back to you as the shop don’t request it. Doesn’t usually take 30 days though. I don’t think it’s Roses fault, just the banking system and your money will be ‘released’ from pending in good time, but I am not an expert.

honourablegeorge

rascal

HG – interestingly Rose not on your list

Not used them recently, but to be fair, I have ordered from them a few times, and been fine. They even sent a free mug with my first order, which I really liked and used almost every morning until my son smashed it a few weeks back.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Done 2 or 3 rose orders recently as struggled to get stuff locally for a surge in repairs I’ve been doing for folk.

Takes a couple days longer than normal but never any issue.

butcher

I’ve bought stuff from Rose a number of times and found them generally to be quite good. They’ve been helpful with queries, and same as 13thfloormonk they’ve accommodated some custom requirements from me. I actually happened across their TrustPilot reviews the other day when looking into some stuff and I was really surprised.

mick_r

Never had a problem with Rose and find they stock some interesting / unusual stuff. Also been to their “Biketown” shop in Bocholt a couple of times which is a great place if ever travelling nearby.

13thfloormonk

Slight aside, but I was looking for some very specific parts and once again it was a German store that had them, how do they do it? Are they all very close to some sort of central distribution warehouse for Europe so have quick access to most parts? Or do they just stockpile like crazy?

bike-24 in particular are awesome for very obscure stuff.

fooman
    Free Member

Not had problems with Rose but worth mentioning bank transfer is a very common method of payment in Germany compared to UK

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rose Bikes issue’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.