Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Rose bikes – anyone had a bike from them?
  • motozulu
    Free Member

Seriously considering the Jabba Wood or the longer travel Granite Chief.
    Love the customising you can do too. It’s either these or the Radon Slide 150 10 or the Spectral AL 9.0 EX.

Thing is – anyone had any dealings with Rose? tempted but an unknown quantity for me.

cheers.

midlifecrashes

Not a whole bike, but bought a load of bits from them last year. Easy to deal with, order arrived quickly and well packaged and they sent a random Rose branded cereal bowl too as it was my first order. Not had to use them for returns, I bought Shimano kit.

unovolo
    Free Member

Have bought a bike stand and parts from them, as easy as dealing with a UK based company such as Merlin or Wiggle.

Regards the bikes, I remember having a good look and fiddle with them at the Bike & Tri show in Mcr last year.
    Admittedly they were road bikes but they looked good, well designed and finished and good component levels.

I’d buy one if I was in the market.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

Bought a few bits off them. V reliable service. Less than 48 hours from Germany.

Slogo
    Free Member

An old bike shop near me used to sell Rose bikes. Maybe find a local stockist and go down that route if you were weary about buying straight off them.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I have a jabber wood, very pleased with it. Found them very good to deal with too. Got a test ride through fin, their uk rep: good bloke. If you have any questions on the bike I’d be happy to answer

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Yep, I own a 2013 granite chief. Great bike, good spec. Took a few weeks to arrive but no issues. All emails/updates were thorough ahd kept me well in formed. The bike is the 26 inch wheeled version, monarch shock, revelations, all xt inc. Wheels, crank bros finising kit. Only cost me 1700. All I changed was the saddle. Would recommend them.

mick_r

Go to their shop in Germany – it is epic!

The bikes were on the upper floors – they have road and trail layouts marked on the floor and you just grab whatever you fancy and have a pedal round the shop without any hassle from salespeople 🙂

There was also a free drink / snack station downstairs that was stuffed with refuelling Germans…..

motozulu
    Free Member

I have a jabber wood, very pleased with it. Found them very good to deal with too. Got a test ride through fin, their uk rep: good bloke. If you have any questions on the bike I’d be happy to answer

Nice one – it’s the 130mm travel fork bike – yes? how do you find it as an allrounder? where do you ride it etc? says 12kg on the site, sounds very light – would you say that is accurate? cheers. I’m thinking Cannock with away days in Wales etc.

dashed
    Free Member

Poor after sales support in my experience. Had to return Shimano XT brakes at my expense despite legitimate warranty claim, very slow to respond, poor communications. In the end dealt with UK Rep (Si?) who promised to refund postage but never did despite much hassling. Personally, I’d def not use them for a full bike.

motozulu
    Free Member

Yep, I own a 2013 granite chief. Great bike, good spec. Took a few weeks to arrive but no issues. All emails/updates were thorough ahd kept me well in formed. The bike is the 26 inch wheeled version, monarch shock, revelations, all xt inc. Wheels, crank bros finising kit. Only cost me 1700. All I changed was the saddle. Would recommend them.

Same questions as on the Jabba really 🙂 Is the Chief a good all rounder? 150mm travel version yes? The looks are an acquired taste I must admit but I like different. Bit pricey at £2,800 odd and then starts to compete with YT carbon jobbies, but interested to hear of good/bad points as I can’t test ride.

motozulu
    Free Member

Aaah cheers dashed – don’t sound good that.

growinglad
    Free Member

Had a Cross DX from them for a year now.

Customer service is spot on. Everything turned up quickly and well packed. Only thing they didn’t do was put the front brake on the right…..but that’s not the end of the World is it.

Bike is great, well finished and very good build quality. In a year of proper hard riding I’ve had to replace front brake pads.

Highly recommended.

Tell you what also, their own branded clothing is good too. Had a set of 3/4’s and impressed with them.

Northwind

They made a good first impression with me, I ordered a bunch of Shimano bits, they sent me a free cereal bowl 😆

andytherocketeer

Never seen a Rose bike IRL. I live in Germany. See a few Canyons, but nowhere near as many as you might expect. I think I’ve seen 1 Radon.

The only existing Rose bike I’m aware of is a CX bike owned by an STWer.

I’m sure they’re not bad, and even thought about getting one myself. Probably the Jabba Wood. Impression I got was the German service was much better than the UK site.

But plenty of people do order bits from them – probably when they had the best supply and prices for latest Shimano XT brakes, and a free breakfast cereal bowl with every order.

Think the catalogue comes with a HSE warning for lifting heavy items. As does Sport Conrad’s.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Can’t speak for their bikes, but their customer service was very good when I had issues with my XT brakes. The issue was resolved quickly so I couldn’t complain.

DezB
    Free Member

Cereal bowl and coaster 🙂

Mmm, CX bikes eh..?

Only bought bargain brakes & bottom brackets beginning with B, but not bikes (yet). Been bargaintastically brilliant.

flipper29
    Free Member

I’ve got a DrZ 29er which has been fantastic.

I had a problem with the frame which they sorted within a week. Great service considering it had to be sent from Germany and rebulit by their UK rep Fin.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Always wanted one ’cause I think they look incredible. Just to look at.

They just scream “HARD” at me. I’ll have one with coil everything and get to the Alps.

On payday, obviously. The Unchained is pretty bang for your buck.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Now I get to spend the rest of the day NOT buying brakes.

Edit: Buying brakes.
    hmph

Northwind

I just love the names, I want a The Duchess.

nealy
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few bits and pieces from the but didn’t get cereal bowl and coaster?!?!!

TiRed

Still waiting for a purchase from three weeks ago, but I suspect it is UPS not RoseBikes. Let’s see how they handle it.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Ordered a road bike off them a few weeks ago. It’s taking a long time but it is a new model (CGF – Gran Fondo bike, I’m making concessions to comfort !)

Won’t be here till week 19 which is the first week in may and I ordered it a month ago but I’m not the only one as they haven’t had the first batch of frames in yet – frustrating as they put it in the new catalogue as though it’s there and ready to be dispatched ! 😕

Customer service has been ok so far, easy comms ! It seems most Germans speak better english than most Brits.

motozulu
    Free Member

Thanks all – it’s between them, Canyon and YT atm.

handyandy
    Free Member

a friend of mine has recently taken delivery of one of their 4x bikes. Chatting to him, the experience was hassle free, and the bike is a beautifully put together machine.

batfink
    Free Member

Yep – I’ve had a granite chief for a few years (bought in 2011)

I didn’t have the room to store multiple bikes – so was after one that could do a bit of everything: Swinley, trail centers and the alps. I wanted the usual combination of strong, light and cheap – and have been really pleased with it.

The good:
    It’s as tough as old boots – the frame is just really beefy. I’m pretty heavy, and don’t ride with a great deal of finesse but this thing is absolutely rock-solid.
    It’s pretty light, given it aforementioned beefiness.
    The spec was really good for the money – in line with what you get from a German direct-to-consumer type model.
    I got a chance to test ride it first – Fin (UK rep) came and met me at Swinley and came out for an hour or so with me.
    The “configurator” tool lets you swap some bits on the standard specs. however, the choice is a bit limited, and I’m not convinced of the economics of this vs ordering upgrades/selling bits on ebay.
    It was better put-together than my mate’s Canyon. Not an issue if you are a fettler – but out-of the box it was noticably better built.
    It came with a thru-axle at the back, which at the time was unusual. having broken a couple of rear triangles, this was a selling point.
    The warrantee is 10 years on frame breakages.

The bad:
    It took about 5-6 weeks to arrive, but to be fair – it arrived on time and the communication was good.
    The specs have changed quite a lot in the last few years. They were shipping with Magura bits for a while – but now the “2” seems to be Pikes/XT/formula/DT swiss. The 2013 “4” is equivalent to what I bought, and is currently on sale at about what I bought mine for.
    They have other competitors now in the DTC market – the canyons and YTs are arguably better value.
    It’s got a PF30 BB which is a shame. However, now hope/praxis are bringing out some decent alternatives to the plastic press-in adapters, this wouldn’t put me off.

In summary – I’m really pleased with it. Strong, light, good value, and rides really well. I’m getting the “new bike” itch, but I really can’t justify replacing it until it breaks….. which is looking like no time soon 🙄

motozulu
    Free Member

Thanks for the in depth answer, great stuff. Think I have a straight choice between the spectral 9 ex and the granite chief 3. Not an easy choice at all, but cheers again.

DT78
    Free Member

I’ve had a rosé road bike for a couple of seasons / 5000 miles. Great bike really pleased with it. Only negative I can think of is the front derailer cable is routed upwards out of the bb and crap gathers there so I have to be a bit more regular with cleaning so the front shifts well. Otherwise complete bargain, if you add up the parts you get a free frame. I had to wait a few weeks and did have to chase, they were waiting for a red chainset to come in stock but hadn’t told me, so I downgraded to force to get the bike sent out quicker. I was originally going with a canyon but got messed about and they kept pushing delivery dates back, after 2 months got a refund and went with rose.

Definite pro is I haven’t seen another rosé On the road. They were at the London bike show just gone so maybe at the next bike show coming up. Must admit I think the mountain bikes are a bit fugly.

I’m seriously considering a crosser from them or canyon.

motozulu
    Free Member

Yeah fugly – they are ‘different’ but I like that. Got a test ride of the Chief 3 on April the 2nd at Ashton Court with Fin, the UK rep.
    A mate says I should ask them to fit Pikes instead of the Fox Talas CTD’s. Anyone else not liking the CTD system? and if not why not? Never owned a boinger before so need to know this stuff.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Rose bikes – anyone had a bike from them?’ is closed to new replies.