Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Rooster builds
  • fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Mine is going very slowly as in not started it yet!

Does anyone who has completed their build care to share a photo or two please?

myopic
    Free Member

EVerythign getting in the way of me doing mine, fatlad. Frustrating thing is I’ve had all the bits for months, but just cannot find time at the moment 🙁

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

I’ve not got half the bits I need and not had time either! Still need running gear, wheels built etc. Basically the frame is still in it’s bubble wrap! 🙁

Hoping someone has got theirs together?

Straightliner

Mine’s waiting for a wheel build and then I’m hoping to get it finished by the end of next week (well, that’s the plan anyway).

zigzag69
    Free Member

Nearly done. Chain and gears left, plus cut the steerer .

Orange headset, seat-clamp and bars isn’t looking as good as I hoped – I blame my red hubs. And my previously undiagnosed colour-blindness.

Ach well, just need to get it dirty.

Clobber
    Free Member

I’m nearly done too, just need to fit a new brake hose and the sfn and we’re off! (probably going to have to get rid of the knard off the front too given the recent weather…)

stevemorg2

Mines built – been out a few times on it and it’s great – tyre pressures an issue ATM but am getting there

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Any pics Steve?

bonzodog
    Free Member

Nearly there with mine.

Been waiting for the tyres, now just got to pop the drivetrain together & we’re rollin 🙂

zigzag69
    Free Member

Ready to ride!

clubby

Looking good Aaron!

bonzodog
    Free Member

Ready to ride too!

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

What bars and crank you got on that Bonzo? Looks nice 🙂

Andy-R

Singlespeed of course, Bonz?
    How are you anyway man? Long time, no see……..

bonzodog
    Free Member

Howdy Andy,

Not too bad sir thank you. Yourself?

Not single speed (for now) as I’ve been so slack & not getting out much, and when you ain’t fit, single speed destroys your soul 🙂

Fatlad, they’re Ragley Carnegie bars (I like the back sweep). The cranks are Middlebury RS7’s square tapered on a Hope ring.

Will be embarking on its maiden voyage shortly.

Great looking bike though. Top marks Sam.

Andy-R

bonzodog – Member
    Howdy Andy,

Not too bad sir thank you. Yourself?

Not single speed (for now) as I’ve been so slack & not getting out much, and when you ain’t fit, single speed destroys your soul

I’m doing ok thanks, Bonz – still struggling on with my Singular Hummingbird (singlespeed) but my soul was destroyed long ago anyway. See you soon, hopefully – it’ll be good to have a skeet at that new bike too.

Clobber
    Free Member

First ride on mine yesterday… Total hoot, really unstoppable once rolling, need to ditch the knard on the front though, where did you guys get you chupacabras? they lookgood, although I think it will be a dirt wizard going on the front now

stevemorg2

[url=https://flic.kr/p/yjiSgW]DSC_1098[/url] by fimorg, on Flickr

letmetalktomark

I’ve just been “framesavering” mine and noticed that the rear gear and brake hose routing is on top of the seat stays.

This makes me sad.

It’s not like this on my Puffin or Swift.

Clearly not a real issue but on the underside of the seat stays, in my mind, is cleaner, especially when running SS as the bolt heads aren’t visible.

Failing that I can’t wait to actually build mine 🙂

ratadog

Almost there. Probably need a different stem with a bit more angle than I guessed some time ago and 2.4 Ardent on back will likely get replaced by a Chronicle. Using a Minion DHF for winter duty on the front. Rest of build kit is 1X10 with a Hope 40t expander and a cheap square taper crank for the moment.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Got my Chupacabras from Single speed Central. £80 a pop. Gulp.

By the way, I put 4 scoops of Stan’s juice in each tyre.

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Looking good guys. 😀

Nearly got all my bits together to build mine up but after a ride on Saturday have realised that i am not currently in a fit state to go 1×11 so will have an XT double upfront! I assume the clearance will be fine?

Also are there any more knobbly options for tyres as I’m not convinced that the likes of a Knard will be any good in the winter 😕

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Stevemorg2 are you running a direct mount front or a traditional band mounted?

zigzag69
    Free Member

I’m reckoning Dirt Wizard is the best bet for a winter 29+ tyre right now. Have to say for a grippy tyre, it rolls really well in the dry too.

Rohloff silver rear hub (Anyone got a red one for sale?)
    SP dynamo red front hub
    Velocity Dually rims anodised red (and Thomson post, Monkeybone and bar ends)
    Maxxis Chronicles at 20psi front & 22psi rear
    XTR cranks
    Superstar red chainring and hoses
    Nukeproof yellow bars and stem
    ISM Adamo seat
    ESI grips
    Monkey Cage and 2x Gorilla cage.
    Hope Mini Mono 180mm front & 160mm rear
    Mostly Alpkit bags.

stevemorg2

Direct front mech mount – all clear (just) with a 24/36 SLX chainset

Clobber
    Free Member

20 psi seems a lot MTG! I run 14/15 at the back and 12/13 at the front and I’m not a small guy

bonzodog
    Free Member

20psi is a lot! (though it probably rolls on the tarmac a treat)

I started off my first ride with 12 each end and played with it throughout the ride.

When Id got it where I wanted, I checked the pressures and found I was on 11 rear & 8.5 front.

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

God if I ran it below 20psi I’d be on the rims!

Clobber
    Free Member

I think you’d be surprised FLRB, you should try it.

I think using over 15psi is missing the majority of the benefit of these 3″ tyres.

fatladridesbikes
    Free Member

Possibly but when I was running 2.25’s on the 29er HT I was at 38psi on the back and even then they weren’t solid!

I have my user name for a reason 😳

When I fitted the tyres, I pumped them up till they seated, which just happened to be 20-22psi. I guessed that was a bit high, but just left them as they were’ I’ll do some experimenting soon to see how I like them at lower pressures.

myopic
    Free Member

stevemorg2 – Member
    Direct front mech mount – all clear (just) with a 24/36 SLX chainset

Which model of SLX double are you using Steve? What sort of clearance do you have in the lowest gear?

I’ve got a 4-5 year old SLX with double and bashguard, and its fouling the chain in the 2 lowest gears so looking at alternatives

stevemorg2

I cant remember the model number but its a current double set up -theres no way a double and bash set up would work

I’ll see if I can dig out the receipt with a model number

myopic
    Free Member

Thanks, Steve. No need for receipt though, I think model number is on reverse side of drive side crank – near the end.

stevemorg2

They are FC-M575s – no clearance issues with Northpaw rims and Chronicles

myopic
    Free Member

Cool, thanks, Steve! Are you sure its not M675? I can’t find M575 anywhere 🙂

stevemorg2

my typo – 675 it is!

myopic
    Free Member

🙂 thanks Steve

Straightliner

Mine’s finished now:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Rooster builds’ is closed to new replies.