Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Room (Church!) filling sound from and ipod dock?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

So, I’m sadly having to help arrange my gran in laws funeral and need to sort out some music for arriving into, and leaving the church. Unfortunately the church has no kind of amplification system, meaning I need to sort something else out.
    I’m thinking that a high end docking system, with plenty of clout could well do the trick. Something like a B&O Zeppelin Air could be just the trick. Only, I’ve never had the opportunity to really crank one up. I’m fairly certain that my Bose Sound Dock isnt going to be upto the job.
    The church isn’t huge, and I’m not expecting a party, but I think it’ll need to be louder than I expect to fill the space, with 150 odd people there.
    Any ides hive mind?

grum
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your gran. I think you’ll need something a bit bigger tbh. Surprising the church doesn’t have something – they mostly seem quite well equipped IME.

Where are you? I have a small PA I could lend you. W Yorkshire. 🙂

tinybits
    Free Member

Very kind, but unfortunately I’m in the south west. I would have thought the same, but this one apparently doesn’t, and I can’t get to see it until the night before so can’t even check the real size!

footflaps

You can hire PA systems quite cheaply (for one day)?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

TB – very sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you are OK.

Not an expert on sound by any means, but most churches have reasonable accoustics and Bose sound docks are not shabby. Music at a funeral is normally quite muted so your current set up may well be OK? Is there a church near you where you could ask the vicar for a quick sound check?

CountZero

B&W Zeppelin certainly ought to be up to the job, it’s not like it’s having to cut through the noise of 150-odd people at a party with the booze flowing.
    Sorry for your loss, I hope it all goes ok.

bruk

I bought these for producing sound in a 9mx9m marquee at a party and they were pretty good. Run off an iPad for the party and now hooked up with optical cable to the TV to create much better sound than that which comes from a small flat speaker.

Pretty portable too.

Richer Sounds Roth speakers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Room (Church!) filling sound from and ipod dock?’ is closed to new replies.