Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Roof mounted rack for a DH bike?
  • flange
    Free Member

How do

I’ve got a DH bike (20mm forks) and a Thule outrider 561 bike rack. Because I’m ace I managed to lose the 20mm axle thing to allow me to bolt said forks to said rack. Having had a superb call with both Evans and Halfords this morning its become apparent that a)both shops are staffed by idiots and b)getting another 20mm axle is a ball ache.

Does anyone on here carry their DH bike on the roof of their car? If so what rack do you use? Even if I get the axle converter bit I’m still not sure whether the rack will be man enough for the job – it flexes and wobbles about with just a road bike on it let alone 38lbs of talent compensator. For reference I’ve also got the other Thule with the long bar with the grabby bit on the end and thats not long enough to reach the downtube. So that won’t work either.

Bike is currently sat in the office and I can’t get it home. Any ideas much appreciated.

BoardinBob

Canyon Torque FRX and a Thule Proride 591

Fits perfectly

Edit: I had to move the rack slightly though. The silver track had to be moved forwards about an inch to accomodate it, but thats a two minute job. 4 allen bolts at the point where it joins to the front section

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got a Proride and the bar won’t reach the down tube (its a Yeti 303rdh).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flange
    Free Member

Ohhh – just seen your edit. Interesting! I might pop downstairs now and have a go

BoardinBob
    flange
    Free Member

Boardinbob – you’re a legend! Just been down and moved the bracket back to the curvy bit of the ‘runner’. It fits! That said, everyone should avoid the A3 after Guildford at about 6pm tonight…

Interestingly it was only 2 5mm bolts. Wonder what I’ve missed and how far I’ll get before ‘Das Panzar’ takes out a mini bus of pensioners…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Roof mounted rack for a DH bike?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts