Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Roof carriers, fork mount, frame mount, wheel mount?
  • Jordan

Insights regarding the above choices very welcome.

Wheel holders – Most expensive option, don’t seem to come on the used market so often. Wheelbase capacity limits my choice to Thule Upride or Yakima Front Loader(Yakima is actually 5mm short, will it matter?). I like the idea, and the fact there is no risk of damage to carbon frame. No faff taking wheel out.

Frame holders – Probably only choice is Thule 598 as being carbon friendly. Plenty on used market. Does it hold as seurely as a wheel holder? No faff taking wheel out.

Fork holders – Cheapest option. Faff taking wheel out. Probably holds bike very securely? Think I read somewhere that there is risk of damaging dropouts?

davros

598 does the job brilliantly

joebristol

598 is ok – I’ve got a fairly long bike (ML Bird Aeris) but it can take up to an XL version of that bike I think.

I’ve snapped a few teeth in the ratchet straps – possibly by overzealous tightening.

I’d by tempted by the Yashima wheel holding roof carrier next time I buy one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Roof carriers, fork mount, frame mount, wheel mount?’ is closed to new replies.