Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Roof Boxes. Recommend me one.
  • stabilizers

It time to make an investment in a car roof box but I cant make up my mind. I usaully go for Thule products but please let me know of good alternatives. I am currently looking at either a Thule Spirit or Dynamic. They are about 480 and 520 Litres. I know they are not cheap but they will get a huge amount of use over the next decade or so. The car is an s-max so I can go large.

Thanks

Spud

Used my sister’s Thule Atlantis a few times, very pleased with it. Easy to fit and locks on to bars easily with adjustable jaws. Can get two racks on the roof too with it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got a Thule Atlantis 780 which, oddly, is about 480 litres. It came with those pincer things spud mentions, although I ended up buying some special bolts for about £20 that slide into the aero bars. That leaves more space inside the box, and holds it lower/closer onto the bars and looks a bit neater. Since all our old luggage was knackered, I also got a set of 5 Thule bags that fit perfectly inside it, so packing it is a doddle now. I got it all from roofbox.co.uk who were very good. They even rang me to query something on my order that didn’t make sense (although it did, but wasn’t obvious).

Bregante

I’ve also got the Atlantis 780 and only used it for the first time this summer. V impressed. Also got some paddy hopkirk roof box straps so now I can drive into the garage and undo the roof bar fixings and lift it straight off, storing it on the garage ceiling. Great idea for under a tenner.

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=270705488013&sv=Paddy%20hopkirk%20roofbox&emvcc=0

phaterman
    Free Member

Try The Roofbox Company. The Kamei range is very good.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

3rds on roofbox co.

stabilizers

Thanks for the replies so far. I have checked out roofbox and roofracks sites. They are pretty good. Any other altenatives to Kamei and Thule. Anyone got any MontBlanc kit?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We got ours from Aldi.

Its been great. Cheap too, as you’d expect. £80 I think.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Roof Boxes. Recommend me one.’ is closed to new replies.