• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by wors.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Roof boxes, exodus?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Anyone have experience of an exodus 580

This one
    https://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure/roof-bars-roof-boxes/roof-boxes/exodus-580l-black-roof-box

Potentially can get bc discount plus vouchers through work brings it down further.

Seems to have all the features of Thule without theprice tag , and I’ve been disappointed with my last Thule purchases

And size wise, would there be any issue with this on a sportage or would it be too big?

mattbee

It was about 15 years ago that I worked for Halfords but back then the Exodus range was made by Thule, just using their older moulds/fittings.

Sidney
    Free Member

I have one and I think it’s a decent stand in for a Thule. Looks smart and the roof bar clamping system makes it easy to get on and off.

Only issue I had was of my own doing – it can be opened both sides and I managed to open both at same time which made it flimsy and tricky to get back together again!

I use mine on an S-Max – no idea if it will be too big on a Sportage sorry.

ElShalimo

Look on http://www.roofbox.co.uk

They’re very good and might be cheaper than Halfords

DT78
    Free Member

thanks had a look the only one close to a similar price is the kamei husky it looks like it has a more fiddly fitting to the bars…anyone have a husky?

scruff9252

Before you buy new, check out gumtree. We got a great bargain this time last year – something like £60 for one in perfect condition.

Often people buy them with realising their size makes them quite awkward for storage when off the car.

wors

I have a Kamei, not fiddly at all. Just takes a few minutes longer than the thule clamp system.

Its for sale if your interested

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Roof boxes, exodus?’ is closed to new replies.