Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Roof Bars, OEM vs Non OEM
  • wombat

Having changed my car I’m looking for a set of roof bars for the new one.

I can get a set of OEM ones from the main dealer for £110.

It appears that the equivalent Thule ones would be £160. Even 2nd hand the Thule ones are a similar price to the OEM ones.

Both are aero bars and accept T fixings for 591/598 carriers.

As they appear to bebasically the same (and the price difference is half a 598) is there any reason to buy the Thule ones?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I can’t think of one if they’re the same as you say.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

The OEM ones are usually rebadged Thule anyway.

fossy

My OEMs are Thule. If I change the car all I’ll need to do is buy new feet.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve always bought the bars off the dealer, mainly because I think they’ve got the fit and finish sorted. However I’ve always bought the Thule bike rack to fit on them, in the main because I think Thales work really closely with manufacturers to make sure they all fit.
    I would only go for the aero bars from either manufacturer or Thule, that’s not to say any other brand isn’t as good maybe they are but I like things simple and to fit easy.

DickBarton

Why even ask…oem is saving you about 50 quid…that doesn’t happen often.

kormoran
    Free Member

I’ve got Atera roof bars which are supposed to be OEM. They are superb quality, very nice and simple to fit. Came ready assembled. From memory they were about 50 quid less than thule equivalents

wombat

Why ask?

Because if it seems too good…. 😉

hot_fiat

OEM kit is nearly always from either Thule, atera or rhino. Generally its tends to be much more expensive than the non oem stuff. I’d bite their hand off!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Roof Bars, OEM vs Non OEM’ is closed to new replies.