Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Ronnie Biggs
  • izakimak
    Free Member

If biggs had served his time instead of doin a runner part way through his sentance then he would have been out by now, and would have been able to spend his last day’s with his family. As it is if he want’s to spend it with them their going to have to sit in chokey with him.

fisha
    Free Member

sod him. let him rot in jail. I really dont care about him one bit. Dont home crying to mummy Ronnie, you’re getting what you deserve.

Northwind

porterclough –

No, it’s very wrong. There should be a seperation of powers

Well said that man, the people making serious decisions on individual sentencing shouldn’t be worried about how it’ll play in the media, they should be doing it on the facts of the case alone.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Shields family just then on C4 news bleating about justice, pathetic.

No mention of the guy who his son nearly killed

Probably the most unbiased piece on the case http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1495692/Innocent-gentle-giant-Or-remorseless-thug-guilty-of-attempted-murder.html

uplink
    Free Member

How exactly did ‘the people’ make the individual decision?

Straw needs to factor in public concerns when making these sort of decisions, he does it when looking into apparent lenient sentences too.
    The main reason Brady & Hindley were never released was in no small part due to public opinion over the case – & long may it be that way

Jimbo
    Free Member

…and they wont let the bugger out of prison, even though his bones are breaking under thier own weight and he can barely look after himself.

Good. Let the f*cker rot inside.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lanesra – nice link. Dunno what to believe now

Northwind

Uplink wrote:

Straw needs to factor in public concerns when making these sort of decisions

Why? This thread shows that the public makes their decision based on half-truths and half the facts, then applies knee jerk emotion as a topping.

uplink
    Free Member

Whether you like it or not that’s what happens – live with it

The home secretary makes the decision, not the public but he factors in public opinion he doesn’t have a quick show of hands

🙄

johnners
    Free Member

Lanesra – nice link. Dunno what to believe now

I like your readiness to consider other evidence but I’ve got to ask, TJ – what were you basing your previous opinion on if that article’s swayed you? The family’s poster campaign, some low opinion held about a foreign court or what?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

johners – general media stuff. Nowt in particular with the families claims – I remember at the time of the court case there was much doubt expressed

scraprider
    Free Member

**** him , let him rot , i dont give a s$%t if he snuffs it in jail, he only came back cos he was ill.

eldridge
    Free Member

This post has previous – FFS pay attention people!
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/good-old-ronnie-biggs

Drac

2 months ago they hadn’t made a decision.

That Telegraph is article is very interesting.

uplink
    Free Member

All posts have previous

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If he stops being a stubborn old git and ‘repents’then its all fine and dandy and he will be released.

Just shows that all these murderes and rapist etc are not stupid… Judge “so then do you think what you did was bad?” Dodgy horrible scum “Oh yes judge I realise what I did was wrong, and I’m so sorrry” Judge “ok then off you go….”

Coyote
    Free Member

Regarding the Shields case. Imagine, if you will, the opposite scenario. Bulgarian lout drops paving stone on innocent scousers head. Bulgarian lout sentenced to 10 years in Walton Jail. On appeal he is allowed to serve the rest of his sentence in Bulgaria. After a short time the Bulgarian Home Secretary announces a full pardon. Can you picture the outrage in Liverpool? Doesn’t bear thinking about.

surfer
    Free Member

Regarding the Shields case. Imagine, if you will, the opposite scenario. Bulgarian lout drops paving stone on innocent scousers head. Bulgarian lout sentenced to 10 years in Walton Jail. On appeal he is allowed to serve the rest of his sentence in Bulgaria. After a short time the Bulgarian Home Secretary announces a full pardon. Can you picture the outrage in Liverpool? Doesn’t bear thinking about.

Whats the Shields case got to do with Biggs?

Oh, Lanresa, of course!

richc
    Free Member

regardless interesting reading in that telegraph article. I liked the bit where all his mates apparently popped into his room throughout the night to get their phones, check for a party etc and saw him asleep. Its just a shame they all didn’t have to a do a few months for attempting to pervert the course of justice.

surfer
    Free Member

regardless interesting reading in that telegraph article. I liked the bit where all his mates apparently popped into his room throughout the night to get their phones, check for a party etc and saw him asleep. Its just a shame they all didn’t have to a do a few months for attempting to pervert the course of justice

Maybe and maybe not. Again I am not defending Shields and the fact that he is still behind bars in the UK indicates to me that he is likely guilty however I have read alternative explanations by witnesses who “popped” into his room that night and when they are explained using different language they are actually far more plausible.
    The Telegraph article is slightly biased and has nothing to do with a thread on Biggs other than a certain person bringing it up.

DrJ

The Telegraph article is slightly biased

Which bit is biased?

From the comfort of my armchair I can confidently state that they are a bunch of horrible yobs and the pity is that they are not all banged up.

surfer
    Free Member

Shields, then set about teaching Mr Georgiev a lesson in what English teenagers abroad are wont to do when drunk: adminstering vicious beatings.

This a clear criticism of British youth in general and a bit of a generalisation do you agree?

Thompson said he did not know Shields, despite the fact that he had stayed in a room next to his at the hotel

Apparently he had never met Thompsom and I am not sure why it would be unreasonable not to know the person in the next room as the Telegraph points out?

kind of cousins

what does this mean either they are or they arent.

Other articles I have read paint a different picture. Apparently he was taken from the hotel to the scene, forced to wear clothes that werent his but witness claimed the assailant was wearing, chained to a radiator whilst witnesses were paraded past then put in a line up with only 2 other men, both under 6ft (Shields is over 6ft) he was the only one with fair hair and the only one wearing a white T shirt!
    No attempt was made to gather forensic evidence which could have linked him with the crime.

Jack Straw has refused to release him and I have no axe to grind either way. I dont think public opinion should force his hand.

epicyclo

Biggs dying in prison? Justice is served.

Brilliant.

Lanesra
    Free Member

I’d love to see all this new evidence. I bet its 3,000 scousers all saying they saw Shields lying in bed reading a book.

Even if you look on Liverpool football forums most of there fans are uncomfortable with the whole thing and think he did it.

The funny thing is if Straw doesn’t grant the pardon, Shields will have to admit he did it otherwise he wont get parole next year (same as Biggs)

surfer
    Free Member

Your obsession with all things Liverpool seems odd.

Werent you taught a lesson when you were humiliated on here some time ago and you threatened to “cripple” somebody.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Biggs now has MRSA

Ewan
    Free Member

As someone on Radio 4 pointed out the other day, if he’d gone to prison when he was convicted he’d be out by now and able to live his retirement in piece. As it was he got to be free through his younger years (30s, 40s, 50s) and had a good time. He now has to do the time he in effect ‘put off’. Good deal if you ask me. He should stay in prison till he’s done his time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Biggs now has MRSA

IIRC he was screened for MRSA on arrival at hospital and found to be carrying it – thus was isolated to prevent him giving it to others.

30% of the population are MRSA carriers

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Ronnie Biggs’ is closed to new replies.