Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ronde van Vlaanderen sportive – anyone else going this weekend?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m doing the 134km version which is by far my longest ride of the year so far. Should be painful.

aP
    Free Member

Nope, Paris Roubaix the weekend after. That’s painful 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

The ronde has cobbles too, including the Koppenberg. I’m going to be riding with 25s on the more comfortable road bike; not as quick but less likely to have me walking around like John Wayne for days after.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Flanders cobbles are not a problem on an ordinary road bike with 23/25c I wouldn’t use mudguards though as they will rattle. I use old style cages bent for a really tight fit to avoid losing bottles.
    Roubaix pave is a whole new ball game, not doing that again as it’s not fun,

atlaz
    Free Member

TBH, I’m most concerned about the climbing than anything else. I have hardly any time on the bike this year and I’m going uphill like an asthmatic sloth. Still, should be fun!

aP
    Free Member

We’re going for the worst of all worlds solution for P-R of 32mm Continental Contact II tires. 28mm GP4Season if its dry though…

atlaz
    Free Member

My spare tyres are who-knows-where so it’s the Duranos for me. Slow. Steady. Comfortable.

Digger90
    Free Member

Yep, me.

Anything less than the full 250km just isn’t taking it seriously…. 😀

See here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/flanders-cyclo-whos-going-and

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ronde van Vlaanderen sportive – anyone else going this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.